No announcement yet.

At least the HW division has been remotely exciting lately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least the HW division has been remotely exciting lately

everyone always says its dead but at least lately we are seeing reasonable fights and also getting rumours of future clashes that will be good to watch, so maybe HW boxing aint dead after all! I enjoyed haye vs chisora, Adamek vs Fast Eddie, Pulev vs Dimitrenko, Vitali vs Chisora, this year we've seen a few good fights and could be more to come yet lets hope! Price vs Audley may be an awful fight but at least it might attract some excitement too!

A lot of thanks is owed to David Haye for bringing publicity negative and positive for the last 2 years to the HW division

Comment

None of them will ever be remembered, None of them! Ray.

Comment

Haye and Chisora brought some drama
        Mitchell providing some good fights
        Adamek always fighting and On Nbc sports
        Fury and Price doing his thing have done pretty good
        Arreola doing his thing is Cali
        Povetkin coming up slowly

The Klits need to retire i just dont see the point in them boxing as they beat everyone,are they hoping to Lose,like they will never be broke,the opposition just doesn't seem to be there

Comment

The HW has been exciting, it's just that people on here don't like who are the ones creating the excitement. People don't like change unless it's being dominated by people they like. By color, nationality, race, etc.

Comment

It's exciting in Europe it's always been exciting there.

It needs to be exciting in the us ...

Comment

Originally posted by Slick561 View Post
              The Klits need to retire i just dont see the point in them boxing as they beat everyone,are they hoping to Lose,like they will never be broke,the opposition just doesn't seem to be there
              This is boxing. They're good world champions. They've repelled everybody (including HBO and fans lol) with their dominance over what is out there for them to fight.

If I was a Klitschko, I'd stick around and beat the crap out of contenders too. Easy money, plenty of wins.

Can't knock them. You also have to admire their efforts in training. They're always in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                The HW has been exciting, it's just that people on here don't like who are the ones creating the excitement. People don't like change unless it's being dominated by people they like. By color, nationality, race, etc.

You keep bringing up race and color as a reason MOST people don't find the heavyweight division exciting. Where exactly is this information coming from? What proof do you have of this? I don't see anyone saying thats the reason they find it boring and unless you're able to psychoanalyze everyone you think that about (and over a computer no less) than you're full of crap.

The reason its seen as boring is because its like pulling teeth to get the best contenders to fight one another. When we do get that they're slow and out of shape more times than not. Its seen as boring because the two most dominant fighters do not seek and destroy in spite of having massive advantages in skill and more time than not, size.

Take a poll and ask what people prefer from their heavyweights, guys who are dominant but play it safe or guys who go balls to the wall. I promise you it would be lopsided in favor of the latter. I don't doubt there are some who don't like the Klits for their color, but the majority could care less and find the division boring for the reasons I named.

Gene Tunney was never accepted in his time because he came after Dempsey and was thought of as a thinking mans fighter, ie, boring. Holmes, same thing. Micheal Moorer because he wasn't the killer at heavyweight as he was at light heavyweight. People are drawn towards warriors, thats the bottom line. The whole race excuse is a fabrication with nothing to back it up made up by guys who cannot understand why people aren't as fascinated with certain fighters as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

You keep bringing up race and color as a reason MOST people don't find the heavyweight division exciting. Where exactly is this information coming from? What proof do you have of this? I don't see anyone saying thats the reason they find it boring and unless you're able to psychoanalyze everyone you think that about (and over a computer no less) than you're full of crap.

The reason its seen as boring is because its like pulling teeth to get the best contenders to fight one another. When we do get that they're slow and out of shape more times than not. Its seen as boring because the two most dominant fighters do not seek and destroy in spite of having massive advantages in skill and more time than not, size.

Take a poll and ask what people prefer from their heavyweights, guys who are dominant but play it safe or guys who go balls to the wall. I promise you it would be lopsided in favor of the latter. I don't doubt there are some who don't like the Klits for their color, but the majority could care less and find the division boring for the reasons I named.

Gene Tunney was never accepted in his time because he came after Dempsey and was thought of as a thinking mans fighter, ie, boring. Holmes, same thing. Micheal Moorer because he wasn't the killer at heavyweight as he was at light heavyweight. People are drawn towards warriors, thats the bottom line. The whole race excuse is a fabrication with nothing to back it up made up by guys who cannot understand why people aren't as fascinated with certain fighters as they are.
                  Yes sir, nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    None of them will ever be remembered, None of them! Ray.
                    Adamek was a LHW, Cruiser champion and has wins over Arreola, Chambers at HW. I'm pretty sure people will remember him for his entire career not just the fact he is a severely undersized Heavyweight.

Haye was a unified Cruiser with wins over very good Cruisers and beat the lumbering mountain Valuev for a HW title and has a few decent wins at HW. Same as Adamek.

And I definitely see Price going places.

Comment

Working...
                    X