Chicano/Mexican-American and Mexicans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schillinger View Post
    American...
    lol since when did american become an ethnicity?

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
      lol since when did american become an ethnicity?

Comment

Originally posted by harima1 View Post
        Saludos desde Guadalajara Mexico para todos mis compatriotas y la gente bonita que vive en Estados Unidos hehehe.

I spent some time on California during my high school years. What I like about some people in the US is that some have this big sense of nationalism for the country of their herritage that many people here in Mexico don't have. On the other hand, there are some people I met who hardly speak spanish and some just straight out told me they don't speak it. Aunque se les vea un nopalote en la cabeza.

De cualquier manera yo respeto a toda mi gente mexicana y de origen mexicano. En el boxeo me siento un poco incomodo cuando usan ambas banderas pero cada quien tiene su gusto.
        Maybe Mexicans who reside in Mexico don't display a lot of patriotism because they live in Mexico among other Mexicans and here Mexicans are immigrants.

I wonder if other countries display a lot of nationalism in their own countries. I know the USA does but it's a known fact that Americans/yanks are arrogant. No disrespect.

Comment

I seen other immigrants in other countries. Like there's alot of Peruvians in Korea. And they would wave their flag in Korea. As there is alot of Filipinos in the middle east. As far as in the states I would say Mexican immigrants or people of Mexican descent are probaby amongst the most proud in the states. I could be wrong but I have lived on west coast and east coast and that's the way I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBond007 View Post
            Maybe Mexicans who reside in Mexico don't display a lot of patriotism because they live in Mexico among other Mexicans and here Mexicans are immigrants.

I wonder if other countries display a lot of nationalism in their own countries. I know the USA does but it's a known fact that Americans/yanks are arrogant. No disrespect.
            Lot of folks in Mex are fed up with the Govierno and that is why they dont' get in the mix....but most kats in Mex love their country.....true story!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
              What's the problem? if a boxer is Mexican-American (born in the US to Mexican parents) he should represent both countries in my opinion .
              Don't you know bro? It's wrong to be proud of your own country....you are a racist if you love the USA I thought you knew that already.

Comment

Originally posted by -DesertStorm- View Post
                Don't you know bro? It's wrong to be proud of your own country....you are a racist if you love the USA I thought you knew that already.
                No you are a racist if you proclaim love for the USA AND renege on your own ethnicity......

I love this great country of MINE......wouldn't trade it for the world.....but my Mexican roots are stronger than ever.....

that's the difference you fuken sell out.....chinga tu huera madre.....ahahhahhaaha

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Ric View Post
                  No you are a racist if you proclaim love for the USA AND renege on your own ethnicity......

I love this great country of MINE......wouldn't trade it for the world.....but my Mexican roots are stronger than ever.....

that's the difference you fuken sell out.....chinga tu huera madre.....ahahhahhaaha
                  But I have never denied my Mexican roots and am actually very proud of them TBH. That is why I don't get it when you guys say that, just because I am against illegal immigration and love my country doesn't mean I deny my ethnicity.

Comment

Originally posted by -DesertStorm- View Post
                    But I have never denied my Mexican roots and am actually very proud of them TBH. That is why I don't get it when you guys say that, just because I am against illegal immigration and love my country doesn't mean I deny my ethnicity.
                    cuz your not just against illegal immigration........you degrade those folks...by the way you express your self of them.... that dont' help you cause.....you think you are superior to them.......even though somewhere down the line your folks came here just like them.....and thanks to that you can love "your" country.....true story..........

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBond007 View Post

You think so? I've never really felt that Americans display a lot of nationalism and I've lived the majority of my life in the US. Then again, you're down south.

Comment

Working...
                      X