Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the guys that say Roy Jones Jr ducked challenges in his prime...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    Benn,Collins,Liles,Nunn, Darius,Eubank,Hopkins 2 there were plenty of good fights out there for Jones.

Like i said, it takes two fighters to make a fight happen. You cant blame Roy for not fighting these opponents if they didnt want to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
      I think that the fighters like Michalczewski and the other Europeans are just as guilty as Jones is for why these fights didn't happen, they didn't want to come over here and Roy didn't want to go over there. I do believe he avoided a Hopkins rematch though but outside of that i can't see anyone that he clearly ducked. People probably believe he avoided people because of how dominant he looked. Hill, Tarver, Ruiz, Reggie Johnson, Hopkins, Toney, Harding ect are some good fighters and have been at the top for a long time. I think if he had struggled with them a bit, then he wouldn't get as criticized.

Precisely... However i dont see how Roy ducked Hopkins. They were both at fault and neither really ducked each other. They just couldnt come to an agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
        Like i said, it takes two fighters to make a fight happen. You cant blame Roy for not fighting these opponents if they didnt want to fight him.

I suppose Ricky Frazier,Richard Hall,Brannon,Kelly were the best oponents out there for Roy.

You are a little Jones/Mayweather nuthugger you are.

Comment

Exactly who? Michael Nunn... Who else? Seriously who did he not fight. He fought everyone he had to at Light Heavy.

I cant see who else he was ment to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            I suppose Ricky Frazier,Richard Hall,Brannon,Kelly were the best oponents out there for Roy.

You are a little Jones/Mayweather nuthugger you are.

Comment

Precisely... However i dont see how Roy ducked Hopkins. They were both at fault and neither really ducked each other. They just couldnt come to an agreement.
              Yeah but i have question marks about the Hopkins rematch though. That was when Bernard was at the top of his game and was in his prime, and probably the biggest money fight out there and even then, Jones wanted 60/40. He priced himself out IMO. Why not take 50/50 for what would still be the biggest money fight out there for you?

Comment

Dariusz had a better ****ing voice than Roy too

Roy wishes he could sing like Dariusz

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  Yeah but i have question marks about the Hopkins rematch though. That was when Bernard was at the top of his game and was in his prime, and probably the biggest money fight out there and even then, Jones wanted 60/40. He priced himself out IMO. Why not take 50/50 for what would still be the biggest money fight out there for you?
                  First of all, if they did fight it wouldnt be at Middleweight, it would be at a catchweight, so they wouldnt be fighting for Bernards belt... Roy was #1 fighter in the world.. and Roy already beat him once... I dont see why it shoulda been 50/50

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    First of all, if they did fight it wouldnt be at Middleweight, it would be at a catchweight, so they wouldnt be fighting for Bernards belt... Roy was #1 fighter in the world.. and Roy already beat him once... I dont see why it shoulda been 50/50
                    Of course YOU think it should have been 50/50..lol Roy beat him before both of them were in their prime, i don't see how that should be taken into account for anything. If he wanted a high profile fight and the biggest money fight out there for him, why not make the fight 50/50 so he would still have his biggest payday? That was around the time Jones was defending against no name mandatories and Bernard was at the top of his game and ranked high in those pound for pound lists too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Theres almost an endless list of top fighters he didnt fight.

Whether or not he ducked them is down to opinion
                      heres what bothers me, i feel the endless list is created by people who have an agenda though. Is a hand full of guys he should have faught? Yeah I could see a few, but not like tons....lol

just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X