Jermain Taylor is arguably the biggest disapointment in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor is arguably the biggest disapointment in Boxing

The guy is a great boxer, has good speed and power and SHOULD be the #1 SMW
    But to let all that be undermined by poor stamina* is ridiculous...
    Last edited by TRAVI$; 04-27-2009, 07:16 AM.

even more than jeff lacy?

lacy was the next mike tyson... the his soul was raped by calzaghe...LOL

Comment

nah lacy doesnt have the skill set of taylor

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
        The guy is a great boxer, has good speed and power and SHOULD be the #1 SMW
        But to let all that be undermined by poor stamina is ridiculous...
        Just goes to show what armchair analysts we are. He LOOKS like he should be good but what do we know.

Comment

The difference between Lacy and Taylor is that Taylor was a proven world class fighter, the two win's over Hopkins gave him a great base to build a strong record on.

Comment

I kinda feel bad for Taylor. Dude's a nice guy wit skills but he can't cut it somehow.

Comment

Taylor won the world middleweight title but he has put up some really disappointing performance's, he nearly lost to spinks didn’t finish of Pavlik didnt finish of Lacy didn’t finish of Froch, he is a skilled fighter but I wonder if he doesn’t really have the heart for the game anymore.

Comment

I don't think it's a stamina issue at all. He didn't look any more physically tired than Froch did to me. It seems either a heart and mental flaw to me - he didn't seem to have the heart for it after getting tagged plus he didn't have the smarts to hold on or take a knee when he was close to being stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                  I kinda feel bad for Taylor. Dude's a nice guy wit skills but he can't cut it somehow.
                  Definitely... The worst thing is the top active fighters around SMW are all come forward, big hitters
                  Pavlik and Froch showed what to do against him... Abraham would be an absolute nightmare if they ever fought, Kessler also.

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
                    Taylor won the world middleweight title but he has put up some really disappointing performance's, he nearly lost to spinks didn’t finish of Pavlik didnt finish of Lacy didn’t finish of Froch, he is a skilled fighter but I wonder if he doesn’t really have the heart for the game anymore.
                    He seems to just give up half way through fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X