No announcement yet.

Hatton on Mayweather AGAIN!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you ask them?

If Floyd thought he won the fight, he wouldn`t have bothered with a rematch.

He knew he lost and wanted revenge.

Comment

I hope Hatton dont impress too much against Castillo, if Hatton does win. It could hurt his chances against PBF even, and scare him off.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
        Floyd would KO Hatton at 147 within 8 rounds. Hatton has become a loud mouth, he thinks he's the **** when in reality he hasn't looked good since the Tszyu fight.
        Which is ironic because Mayweather hasn't looked good since he fought Gatti which was in the same month as Hatton beat Tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          I hope Hatton dont impress too much against Castillo, if Hatton does win. It could hurt his chances against PBF even, and scare him off.
          Good point, but I still think if the moneys right PBF would take the fight regardless of how good Hatton looked against Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by me2007 View Post
            Mayweather would get respect if he fought fighters who are up and coming rather than sliding down the hill.

Everytime i hear the words DLH or Trinidad, i feel he's just ripping people off. He knows those guys can`t box for 12 rounds at a good pace. Their only chance is an early KO, which they wont likely get as Floyd is very slippery.

Lets see him fight someone who can set a pace for 12 rounds and stick to it
            Hatton is a fighter who is going downhill, based on his last few performances. So you're saying you wouldn't give PBF respect for fighting Hatton?

Comment

Mayweather hasn`t looked good since Gatti (the punchbag)

Mayweather should stay retired, i`m not sure if he can run another marathon

Comment

floyd would smash on hatton...with all the **** that hatton is talkin i hope he brings floyd out of retirement

Comment

Originally posted by JJay View Post
                  Ricky Hatton would love to finish his glittering career with a victory against Floyd Mayweather and says he's had "tougher dinners" than the American.

"But I think if I could be the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet in any weight division I could definitely put my slippers on and put my feet up."

Hatton's triumphs over Kostya Tszyu, Carlos Maussa, Luis Collazo and Juan Urango since 2005 have put him well and truly on the global boxing map and earlier this year Sugar Ray Leonard claimed he has what it takes to shock the 'Pretty Boy'.

The 28-year-old from Hyde agrees and thinks Mayweather's recent WBC light-middleweight clash with Oscar De La Hoya has given him more grounds to be optimistic.

"I'd like to think so," he added. "I don't think everybody would share the same opinion but if I look at the Mayweather and De La Hoya fight, when De La Hoya put the pressure on, Mayweather shut up shop and he didn't really want to know.

"By the mid-way stage I thought, 'Floyd, you're going to have to pull your finger out here' but it's only when De La Hoya tired when it changed. Whether that's to do with his age, the number of hard fights or because his enthusiasm isn't there but I think Mayweather only won it by one round in the end.

"So imagine someone like me who can go to start to finish, I wouldn't have let him back in the fight. So as good and talented as Mayweather is, it's not beyond me and I think I would beat him and only time will tell if I get my chance."

It has been mooted that the only way to bring Mayweather over to England for a possible fight would be to hold a glamour bill at the new Wembley Stadium, but the 28-year-old from Hyde doesn't even think that would be enough.

Hatton is also doubtful if Mayweather can ever be called a true great when you consider the timing he's chosen to face some of his previous victims.

The American has defeated the likes of Arturo Gatti, Carlos Baldomir, Diego Corrales and Zab Judah as well as his triumph over De La Hoya in May but none of these have impressed Hatton too much.

He said: "Gatti was a little bit past it, Diego Corrales was a super-featherweight who looked a bit weight drained, Carlos Baldomir was win some lose some, Zab Judah had seen better days and as fantastic as a result it was, even De La Hoya had seen better days than that.

"You don't become an all-time great by beating everyone whose just seen that too many fights too much."

Hatton has also mocked Mayweather's toughness amid pipedream talk of an almost fantasy bout between the pair in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

He joked: "There's as much chance of Manchester City winning the European Cup as Mayweather fighting in the UFC! You can't even get him to fight in the boxing ring.

"Floyd is safe enough in the boxing ring where he can jab and move and run and keep out the way. He's a wonderful talent but as far as mixing it up as a tough guy goes, I've had tougher dinners."

Having said that Hatton says he wouldn't be tempted to try it either, but admits it makes great viewing.

He added: "I'm a big fan of the UFC but not when they start grappling and wrestling and rolling around on the floor for three minutes at a time. But when they're stood toe to toe and having a go at it I think you'd be hard pushed to find anything as exciting really.

"But you won't get Floyd Mayweather to stand still long enough."

Ricky hatton is clearly delusional, where do you start with this mess?

Comment

I really hope floyd calls him out now, enough is enough, call him out at 147 and sort this crap out.

Comment

Did it occur to any of the Hatton bashers that maybe Hatton is talking about Mayweather alot because he is being asked about him alot? It is not as if Ricky Hatton issues a weekly press release saying he wants to fight Mayweather, he is merely responding to questions that are put to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X