No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Skoglund-Edwards Finalized For December 19th Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Skoglund-Edwards Finalized For December 19th Card

Following a hugely successful debut show, the Nordic Fight Night returns to the Rosvalla Arena in Nyköping, Sweden on December 19, where local hero Erik Skoglund (23-0, 11 KOs) will put his undefeated record on the line against Derek Edwards (27-5-1, 14 KOs) – the only man to have beaten current Swedish World Champion Badou Jack.

Skoglund made history on September 19 when defending his IBF Intercontinental title over twelve rounds against the durable Ukrainian Oleksandr Cherviak, three months later, the ‘Swedish Sensation’ faces his toughest opponent to date when he takes on the hard-hitting Edwards. [Click Here To Read More]

Skogulund is going to have a fight on his hands here... early at least.

Comment

Battle of Sweden looming? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
        Battle of Sweden looming? lol.
        Doubt it... I think they're just posturing for the eventual vacating of the IBF belt... keeping high in the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Doubt it... I think they're just posturing for the eventual vacating of the IBF belt... keeping high in the rankings.
          Why would Kovalev vacate?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Why would Kovalev vacate?
            Eventual move up... I doubt he stays at 175 forever and Skoglund and his team could wait as long as they can

Comment

Can't remember ever hearing about the guy, and he's 2-1-5 in his last eight fights. And I would assume, without having seen him fight, that the win against Badou Jack was somewhat "lucky", meaning he wouldn't win many fights against him had they fought 10 times.

Skoglund is decent, just not world class and will never be. I think they will milk him pretty good in Sweden before maybe eventually stepping up the opposition a little bit and fighting for a belt against some Sauerland boxer, and he's obviously supposed to win this fight.
              Last edited by Bring It On; 11-02-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
                Can't remember ever hearing about the guy, and he's 2-1-5 in his last eight fights. And I would assume, without having seen him fight, that the win against Badou Jack was somewhat "lucky", meaning he wouldn't win many fights against him had they fought 10 times.

Skoglund is decent, just not world class and will never be. I think they will milk him pretty good in Sweden before maybe eventually stepping up the opposition a little bit and fighting for a belt against some Sauerland boxer, and he's obviously supposed to win this fight.
                He almost beat Korobov... Korobov was pounding him, was open and ate a right hand... just like in the Lee fight he didn't really protect himself all that well after getting hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  He almost beat Korobov... Korobov was pounding him, was open and ate a right hand... just like in the Lee fight he didn't really protect himself all that well after getting hurt.
                  Alright, so I'm sure he can punch, but he can't be very good apart from that.

Even though Skoglund is hitable at times, he's disciplined and I doubt he'll loose this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
                    Alright, so I'm sure he can punch, but he can't be very good apart from that.

Even though Skoglund is hitable at times, he's disciplined and I doubt he'll loose this fight.
                    Dunno if he wins, but I think he'll challenge him.

Comment

Working...
                    X