No announcement yet.

Saying this fighter should avoid another certain fighter is annoying to hear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    Realistically, you're right at 160 he is the man. but that's not saying much. I think Cotto is a good fight for him but he might be too small at 160. He needs to go up or down to get the respect he wants. But yeah, hes the man at 160.
    At 168 the guy I would put money on to beat Golovkin would be Ward, I think Gennady would wreck JMW too.

He isn't a big MW and I think he can make 154 comfortably

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      At 168 the guy I would put money on to beat Golovkin would be Ward, I think Gennady would wreck JMW too.

He isn't a big MW and I think he can make 154 comfortably
      I think he gets better fights at 154 and/or 168. More challenging fights, but Geale is "great doe" I just got chewed out for calling it how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        You're doing the opposite, bro. People are saying Cotto should duck Golovkin for Canelo are asking for competitive fights. People who are asking for Golovkin vs Cotto are asking for mismatches.

Only reason people want to see Golovkin vs Cotto is because they want to live vicariously through Golovkin, and want him to become a star.
        Lol good call, exactly.

They say titles don't matter, then when I mention Cotto only weighed 155lbs on the scale for his 159lb limit fight with Martinez, they say "Well he has a belt".

It's a mismatch, Cotto would lose and they all know it, but they just want to see Cotto get pummeled by their favorite fighter. We don't really know who would win between Cotto and Canelo, it's a hot fight, very competitive on paper, and would likely be competitive in action. So you get Cotto vs Golovkin, and get like 4-5 rounds of a 5'7" dude who can't even make 159lbs on the scales getting beat up by a huge 5'10" full fledged MW.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          I think he gets better fights at 154 and/or 168. More challenging fights, but Geale is "great doe" I just got chewed out for calling it how it is.
          I'm not going to say Geale is TBE or anything but he wasn't a taxi driver either and he was disposed of in 3 rounds

Comment

There is a part of me, like a lot of fans, who would love to see Golovkin fight Cotto, just so that he can win the true middleweight championship cleanly, without cotto vacating and Golovkin being crowned champ by default. But that's my heart speaking, the reality is, Golovkin versus Cotto is a mismatch of Tyson/Holmes proportions, I'm not sure if Cotto can last 5 rounds.

So, keeping that in mind, my boxing brain would rather see Cotto take on the precocious young Alvarez and for Golovkin to challenger himself against the likes of Froch, Ward or Groves. Those are competitive, meaningful fights where the outcome is never certain.

Comment

[QUOTE=Beercules;14801525]I'm not going to say Geale is TBE or anything but he wasn't a taxi driver either and he was disposed of in 3 rounds[/QUOTE

I'm not gonna take nothing away from GGG because he is a good middleweight champion, unlike the majority of the rest of the division.

Comment

Its okay even Roy Jones didn't fight the best opposition for leaving a division or in his division.

Graciano Rocchigiani (he beat Nunn for the vacant WBC strap and WBC decided to say it was "interim" and gave the full title to Jones Jr. instead)
                Gerald McClellan (middleweight)
                Nigel Benn
                Eubank
                Collins
                Michalczewski
                Michael Nunn (168 and 175)

Comment

Only a bum ass poster wouldn't know about Roy Jones resume.

Jones destroyed Jorge Vaca in 1 round.

This is Jorge Vaca's resume leading up to the Jones fight:
                  Mamby (Vaca won)
                  Honeyghan 2x (1-1)
                  Norris (SD loss)
                  Taylor 2x (won both)
                  Breland (Vaca won by TKO6)
                  Then fought Jones after Breland
                  Jones KO'ed Vaca in 1 round.

Thulani Malinga Vs Euro bums:
                  Benn 2x (1-1)
                  Eubank (SD loss)
                  Reid (Malinga won)
                  Versus ATG Roy Jones: Jones (KO6)

Bernard Hopkins (HOF, ATG)
                  James Toney (Possible HOF)
                  Merqui Sosa (SD loss to Toney, UD loss to Nunn) TKO2 loss to Jones.
                  Mike McCallum (HOF) (TKO wins: Kalule, Jackson, Curry, other wins: Graham, Collins, Kalambay, Toney(D)
                  Griffin
                  Hill (HOF)
                  Gonzalez ( Beat Glen Johnson and Dariusz M. after losing to Roy)
                  Ruiz
                  etc.

Please don't ever mention Jones again to justify your GGG agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
                    What about he is the lineal at MIDDLEWEIGHT ffs looool.
                    You just be in the moar Mayweather vs Baldomir and less Mayweather vs Margarito camp

Comment

Working...
                    X