Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I read boxrec correctly? Did the judges have Alvarez ahead before the ref stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I read boxrec correctly? Did the judges have Alvarez ahead before the ref stopped

the fight?

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    At first I thought you were talking about Cintron... then I saw Gomez. Robbery in the making because Alvarez wasn't doing Jack ish for a while.
    And I meant Judges in the poll, I'm tired... Sorry I screwed up the poll...

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4511&cat=boxer

I'm tired, sue me my body hurts and is in pain. My kneecaps will never fully heal 100 percent and life blows. I meant judges.
    Yes, thats ridiculous
    26.67%
    Yes, and I agree with them
    46.67%
    No, they didn't
    0.00%
    Boxing is fixed with the judges, didn't you already know that?
    26.67%
    Last edited by uoykcuf; 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM.

At first I thought you were talking about Cintron... then I saw Gomez. Robbery in the making because Alvarez wasn't doing Jack ish for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      And I meant Judges in the poll, I'm tired... Sorry I screwed up the poll... Anyway I can change the poll without making a new topic or could a mod/owner maybe fix it?

Comment

Alvarez is such a talented boxer he can win rounds against midgets without even doing anything. Golden Girl Promotions pays off the refs so they stop the fights prematurely too. Alvarez fights end in TKO because he doesn't have the power to KO his midget opponents.

Comment

I have to see the fight again but from what I remember I saw Canelo toying with Gomez, and Gomez with his ineffective aggression. Canelo also got a head start with the early knock down. That was already 10-8 in the first round.

Comment

lol no way, gomez was clearly winning

Comment

Damn you guys really hate this guy don't you? I think Canelo has some amazing talent, can't wait to see how he can develop further.

Comment

Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post
                Alvarez is such a talented boxer he can win rounds against midgets without even doing anything. Golden Girl Promotions pays off the refs so they stop the fights prematurely too. Alvarez fights end in TKO because he doesn't have the power to KO his midget opponents.
                He's talented yes, but he still hasn't proven himself yet IMO. He's stayed active this year though, I'll give him that.
                I'm confused though by the judges score cards... they had Gomez losing every round... which just isn't possible.. Alvarez had two rounds where he was just standing still or not doing anything while Gomez fired away... that's got to count for aggressiveness, no?

Comment

they must have been the same judges that scored pacquiao-marquez III

Comment

Not only were the judges **** for Alvarez/Gomez, but I do not think the fight warranted a stoppage. The Cintron fight I understand because Cintron was never in the fight, but Gomez was and arguably was winning the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X