This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Big ups to Villa getting back into the Prem.
    Lampard to replace Sarri?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      Lampard to replace Sarri?
      Yes from me.

Although Chelsea fans have to accept top 6 itself will be an achievement if the ban stays in place and Hazard goes.

Lampard bring good will.

Sarri is awful. Find a Chelsea fan who think Chelsea will win on Wednesday. I don’t know anyone.

Comment

• It seems like Sarri is being made a scapegoat. The whole season Chelsea have apparently been terrible yet they finished 3rd and are in a Europa final so imagine what he could potentially do with more time and transfer windows (after the ban)?
        Last edited by Caught Square; 05-28-2019, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          It seems like Sarri is being made a scapegoat. The whole season Chelsea have apparently been terrible yet they finished 3rd and are in a Europa final so imagine what he could potentially do with more time and transfer windows (after the ban)?
          We won 2 more points than the season before to put that into context.

And the football’s bad.

But the feeling is Hazardless with him - he’ll just get sacked before Christmas anyway because we’ll be about 14th

Comment

• One stat that did interest me is that Chelsea hit the post 21 times in the league alone.

So potentially they were actually a bit unlucky.

Comment

• One stat that did interest me is that Chelsea hit the post 21 times in the league alone.

So potentially they were actually a bit unlucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                We won 2 more points than the season before to put that into context.

And the football’s bad.

But the feeling is Hazardless with him - he’ll just get sacked before Christmas anyway because we’ll be about 14th
                Yeah but each season is a stand-alone, the year Leicester won it Arsenal finished 2nd on 71 points and the next season they got 75 points but didn’t even make top 4. In the grand scheme of things no one cares because all that matters is the position you finish in that particular season.

Chelsea can sack Sarri and hire whoever and then as soon as things go remotely sour the new manager will be in the same situation. All things considered I think Sarri has done well. I mean, Pep needed a season to get it right at city, Klopp finished 8th in his first season with Liverpool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  It seems like Sarri is being made a scapegoat. The whole season Chelsea have apparently been terrible yet they finished 3rd and are in a Europa final so imagine what he could potentially do with more time and transfer windows (after the ban)?
                  While this is true.. on the face of it.. it looks like a good season..

But i feel it's a bit misleading.. did Chelsea earn it? or were they handed it.. I couldn't name you a team they beat in the Europa league.. and they did that in the most unimpressive way possible.. squeezing past Frankfurt.. (hardly giants of german football these days)

As for the 3rd spot.. it wasn't like they went on some amazing run to secure that.. it was practically handed to them by the likes of United winning 1 or 2 games in 10.. Same with Arsenal. Spurs clearly fell of due to injury problems and CL fixture overload..

Also i mean 2nd, 3rd, 4th? meaningless unless you were somewhat in title contention imo.. It's why i didn't like Mourhino banging on about finishing 2nd last year.. he was 20 odd points behind 1st place ffs!!

I guess my point is that if Chelsea keep Sarri and sell hazard.. with not much else coming in.. Do you expect Arsenal, United to be as bad next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                    While this is true.. on the face of it.. it looks like a good season..

But i feel it's a bit misleading.. did Chelsea earn it? or were they handed it.. I couldn't name you a team they beat in the Europa league.. and they did that in the most unimpressive way possible.. squeezing past Frankfurt.. (hardly giants of german football these days)

As for the 3rd spot.. it wasn't like they went on some amazing run to secure that.. it was practically handed to them by the likes of United winning 1 or 2 games in 10.. Same with Arsenal. Spurs clearly fell of due to injury problems and CL fixture overload..

Also i mean 2nd, 3rd, 4th? meaningless unless you were somewhat in title contention imo.. It's why i didn't like Mourhino banging on about finishing 2nd last year.. he was 20 odd points behind 1st place ffs!!

I guess my point is that if Chelsea keep Sarri and sell hazard.. with not much else coming in.. Do you expect Arsenal, United to be as bad next season?
                    To answer your last paragraph united and arsenal probably will improve but my point is whoever took over from Sarri would still be in the same situation due to the transfer ban and Hazard leaving, that’s out of Sarri’s control. Every time things start slightly going wrong Chelsea look to sack the manager so why not give him more time especially considering it has been far from a disastrous first season? All I hear is that outside of Hazard, Kante and a few promising youngsters like Ruben that the players are poor so how is Sarri supposed to work magic with that in one season?

Comment

• With Sarri some of it is his PR.

He comes across really badly and will shrug when we lose figuratively.

From the rumours that circulate he’s just unpopular within the dressing room for his treatment of Cahill. Who basically told him he was unprofessional for smoking at the training ground and basically never played again.

The reason why he should go is precisely because nobody likes him.

A little bit like if you hate a manager in the real world. If it’s unanimous they don’t last.

With Sarri as well it’s his inflexibility. He only played RLC and CHO when he was about to be fired. He’s stubborn as hell..

Chelsea need to bring in youth next year. We could finish 8th with Willian and Pedro starting every week or we could finish 8th with Mason amount, James, Amos getting minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X