Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter is a Hard fight for Crawford, and I'd pick to beat him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter will knock Crookford out.

Comment

... I hope that Porter beats Danny...
      ... and, then, I would wait for him to call up Crawford...

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Porter is a Hard fight for Crawford, and I'd pick to beat him

(...)
        ... before assessing "who" is the hardest fight for Bud, I would like to see just who (in the Haymon's stable -- i.e. Thurman, Danny, Porter) would fight Spence first (I mean before Bud)...

Comment

I don't think a lot of you understand just how good Crawford is. Porter winning isn't beyond the realm of possibility, but it is HIGHLY unlikely.

I knew this kid was special years ago, and sometimes spreading that word on here has felt like beating a dead horse. As time has gone on, slowly but surely, people are starting to see his abilities, as it has become more and more obvious.

Crawford is NOT Brook or Thurman, his ability and skill is on another level, the only thing I doubted was his physicality at the weight, and I was impressed against Horn, he went a long way in proving that these guys aren't going to be able to bully him. I knew he would do all those other things to Horn, but his strength was impressive, and it stayed constant as the fight wore on.

Overall I think people are still underestimating Crawford, it reminds of the forums every time Floyd stepped up in weight. They thought bigger, stronger guys would do what Castillo did, but they couldn't, because they weren't Castillo. I see similar things happening now.

I can't emphasis enough how good this kid is, he can be beat, but it's going to take a better fighter than Shawn Porter.

Comment

I had Porter beating Keith Thurman.

1 - K
            2 - P
            3 - K
            4 - P
            5 - K
            6 - P
            7 -P
            8 - P
            9 - P
            10 -P
            11 -K
            12 - K

7-5 Porter. Was easy fight to score IMO. Porter is too Erratic and agressive for Crawford IMO.
            I agree that Porter would give anybody including Crawford a hard time, but Thurman put a beating on Porter in round 4 and badly buckled him.

I haven't seen many people score that fight for Shawn, but if you're giving him rounds like that I can see why you think he won

Comment

Man I need to go back and watch this

Comment

Thurman had that gameplan but got manhandled easily by the stronger Porter and got bullied on the inside. I see Keith as the stronger fighter than Crawford, since he actually showed feats of Strength to which Bud's only feat of strength is being able to bully a tired Horn.
                Ermmm...I'm starting to have doubts whether or not you watched the fight now...

Thurman didn't clinch at all except the time Porter winded him with that body shot. There must have been 5 or 6 clinches the whole fight, with the majority of them being from Porter. It was a very clean fight.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  I agree that Porter would give anybody including Crawford a hard time, but Thurman put a beating on Porter in round 4 and badly buckled him.

I haven't seen many people score that fight for Shawn, but if you're giving him rounds like that I can see why you think he won
                  There are alot of rounds mixed up that could have been for Porter but gave to Thurman, and could have been for Thurman to Porter. I haven't seen the fight in 6 months. But I remember it in someway similar to this, just mixed up a bit. Still the same 7-5 porter.

Edit: Checked the first 2 rounds and the 4th. So Porter first 2 rounds rounds and Keith Thurman got the 3rd and 4th Thurman really wobbled Porter in that 4th, so still the same 7-5 Shawn Porter.
                  Last edited by Thraxox; 06-13-2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    Ermmm...I'm starting to have doubts whether or not you watched the fight now...

Thurman didn't clinch at all except the time Porter winded him with that body shot. There must have been 5 or 6 clinches the whole fight, with the majority of them being from Porter. It was a very clean fight.
                    I'm referring to Thurman attempting to clinch always clinch Porter when he get hurt, as a part of his gameplan, but he was only hurt a few times in this fight so the fight had few clinches, but Porter manhandled Thurman everytime they clinch.

Comment

I disagree, Crawford is comfortable on the inside and is definitely better than Thurman in that department. Shawn tends to smother his own work on the inside

Comment

Working...
                      X