Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits harder, George Foreman or Deontay Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is too easy....D.Wilder hits harder period.
    George went to a UD in his 8th pro fight with Roberto Davila.

Comment

I always wonder about this type of threads. I know is just for giggles but I just dont get them. Who knows, you cant go by record since they fought in different eras and different fighters, unless you have a scientific approach or maybe get someone who has fought both not one person knows. Like I said, I just dont get them.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        Jimmy Young kicked Ali's ass. Jimmy Young at his best would be top 5 making most of these clowns look foolish. Don't get me started on Jimmy Young's sabotaged (thanks Don King) career. Does not matter how hard someone hits if they cannot connect properly with an illusive target.
        Henry Cooper, 188lbs, practically KO'd Ali. I think people are thrown off by Ali's win over Foreman, the conditions in Rumble in the Jungle were PERFECT for an upset.

Foreman was barely training that fight, Ali had the African crowd chanting "Ali Kill him!", had Foreman completely shook. That fight took place outside in 100 degree weather with 90% humidity. Ali used all of it to his advantage letting Foreman literally tire himself out with his "rope a dope", if the conditions weren't what they were, history would've seen Foreman with a KO or wide UD.

Comment

According to idiots on here, Butterbean probably hits harder...

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Henry Cooper, 188lbs, practically KO'd Ali. I think people are thrown off by Ali's win over Foreman, the conditions in Rumble in the Jungle were PERFECT for an upset.

Foreman was barely training that fight, Ali had the African crowd chanting "Ali Kill him!", had Foreman completely shook. That fight took place outside in 100 degree weather with 90% humidity. Ali used all of it to his advantage letting Foreman literally tire himself out with his "rope a dope", if the conditions weren't what they were, history would've seen Foreman with a KO or wide UD.
            Da ****???

Ali was up at about the count of 4 and he was nearly kod? GTFOH you idiot.

And Foreman barely training.

The way I know when someone actually hasnt seen the fight is when they over rely on the "rope a dope" because they have heard about it so much. ****ing idiot.

Comment

Wilder hits harder hands down.

Foreman was physically stronger, and bigger than 90% of his opponents. If you match Wilder vs Foreman's opponents that advantage is significantly greater for Wilder than t was for Foreman.

208lb Holyfield was eating flush punches from Foreman over 12 rounds, and although it was a past prime Foreman he was significantly bigger, more durable, and kept most of his power if not hitting harder at that weight.

Foreman was the proto-super HW, before the division was littered with them like it is now.

Comment

sadly for Wilder the level of competition at HW now is dog sht compared to Foreman's era. we might as well ask Tyson since he blatantly ducked a 43 year old Foreman. Mike was scared to death to share a ring with Big George. even the old washed up version. would Tyson be shook to fight this version of Wilder? I highly doubt it.

without shady maneuvers in the Rumble in the Jungle we would be recognizing Foreman as the GOAT. and Ali never gave him the rematch which I always felt was weak since Ali's whole legacy is built on guys beating him and giving him second chances like Frazier, Norton and Spinks. if all those guys ignore Ali after beating him would we call Ali the greatest? doubt it. and Foreman would've beat Ali in a rematch without that traitor/snake Dick Sadler in his corner.

Comment

Foreman was physically stronger, and bigger than 90% of his opponents. If you match Wilder vs Foreman's opponents that advantage is significantly greater for Wilder than t was for Foreman.

208lb Holyfield was eating flush punches from Foreman over 12 rounds, and although it was a past prime Foreman he was significantly bigger, more durable, and kept most of his power if not hitting harder at that weight.

Foreman was the proto-super HW, before the division was littered with them like it is now.
                  That's a top 5 chin. Wilder gets folded by Big George.

Comment

Holyfield had a excellent chin .

How does that tell us Wilder hits harder ? Wilders only KNOWN guy or ASSUMED guy with a chin is Ortiz who hadnt fought power punchers up until Wilder and hes older than Foreman !

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Da ****???

Ali was up at about the count of 4 and he was nearly kod? GTFOH you idiot.

And Foreman barely training.

The way I know when someone actually hasnt seen the fight is when they over rely on the "rope a dope" because they have heard about it so much. ****ing idiot.

Ali was saved by the bell, he was wobbling back to his corner. Getting up fast does NOT mean you've recovered, he got up because his pride which we've seen countless times in boxing.
                      If those ropes weren't there, that may have been the end of Ali's career. That's a Kovalev sized guy in there doing this to Ali.

Ali won primarily due to the heat. Foreman's work rate was much higher especially the power punches thrown. 100 degree weather with 90% humidity is extremely hard to breathe in, Ali used it fully to his advantage, those types of conditions can't be replicated in an air conditioned arena. The Heat/humidity punish a guy with Foreman's style while favoring Ali's.

Comment

Working...
                      X