Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 years ago today: Oscar stops Vargas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great fight.. I remember watching this in the army.. great big fight that actually lived up to the hype.

One of the best ppv fights ever, and really showed oscar's heart and will to win

Comment

Vargas over trained for this fight or something, too big too slow, and DLH took advantage of that.

Very good fight and one of the all time best DLH performances right up there with his effort vs Ike Quartay and Trinidad.

Comment

When boxing was big! This fight was even in my local newspaper - full page. Man, can't believe it's been 15 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
          Vargas over trained for this fight or something, too big too slow, and DLH took advantage of that.

Very good fight and one of the all time best DLH performances right up there with his effort vs Ike Quartay and Trinidad.
          He over roided and trained on the elliptical.

Comment

That fight probably had the best Pre fight hype I've ever seen.

Their tv personas were completely opposite, Oscar the hollywood boy, Vargas the streets, no one can forget how corny Oscar sounded when he said, "when I see blood I just want more." holy **** that was cringe.

Oscar was easily one of the most hyped up prospects out of the amateurs ever, promoters were offering him blank checks left and right. Vargas was probably the 2nd most hyped.

That was Pre 24/7 days, but the hype for "Bad Blood" was insane.

Comment

Working...
            X