No announcement yet.

John Scully vs Micheal Nunn, Questions for the Iceman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Scully vs Micheal Nunn, Questions for the Iceman

I just downloaded this fight because I know John posts on these forums. I have seen Nunn fight many times before and he is an extremley skilled boxer (I had him beating Toney until he got caught late) Imagine my surprise when I saw John Scully land the cleaner, harder punches throughout the fight and battling his way to a (IMO) very close decision loss.

Nunn threw alot of soft combinations, which is his style, and John was able to counter over the top with right hooks repeatedly. I also loved John's body work early in the fight, almost a downward arcing straight right that landed often below Nunn's elbows.

So John I would like it very much if you would answer some questions I have for you. It isnt often you get an insight into the mind of a very good professional boxer.

What were you saying to him in Round 1 and again later in the fight?

I thought you blocked many of the punches that he threw, what kind of effect does taking so many on the gloves have on you? Do they still hurt?

When he raised his hands and let you pound his body what was going through your mind?

Did you think you hurt him with those right hooks?

How hard is it to fight as a southpaw when it isnt your natural stance?

I remember we discussed this fight about 6-9 months ago when they had it on ESPN or ESPN Classic (forget which).

I'll try and look it up for you.

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Did a search and nothing came up...Oh well. Guess my questions are going to be buried under bull**** threads like "MARGACHEETO IS A CHEATER LOL" and "MMA IS GAY**** LMAO!"

Comment

Originally posted by twanky1 View Post
          Did a search and nothing came up...Oh well. Guess my questions are going to be buried under bull**** threads like "MARGACHEETO IS A CHEATER LOL" and "MMA IS GAY**** LMAO!"
          Send John a PM with a link to the thread. I'm sure he will be happy to answer. He answered a thread I made one time when I damaged my arm and shoulder. If I hadn't PM'd him, I doubt he would have seen the thread.

It's great to have Iceman around here.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

TWANKY, sorry so late, my man...I didnt even see this thread until today, until just now...sorry...I will answer your questions later on today when I get the chance

ICE

Comment

What were you saying to him in Round 1 and again later in the fight?

I don't remember exactly....usual jibberish probably...I do know that one time he caught me with a punch and he thought he did something and I said something like, "You're going to have to throw harder than that to hurt me, man"

I thought you blocked many of the punches that he threw, what kind of effect does taking so many on the gloves have on you? Do they still hurt?

Keeping my hands up the way I did in so many fights was a GREAT thing and a TERRIBLE thing...I blocked tons of punches and it made them feel harmless to me...I never really felt more than a few punches from anyone I ever fought...but sometimes I relied on it too much and gave away points and time...

When he raised his hands and let you pound his body what was going through your mind?

I hated when he did that....he had me doubting myself for a quick second there...I composed myself though and kept working....and when I caught him with a hard right hand not long after, as I say in my book, "I knocked that smile of his right off his face and into the fifth row."

Did you think you hurt him with those right hooks?

I know for 100 pct. fact I did...I remember it vividly, Al Bernstein noticed it too and got very excited on air...I hit him with a shot and I remember his eyes getting really big and he was looking at me with them, apparently trying to regin his focus...I knew he was hurt right at that moment and I could hear Bernstein on air right behind me yelling...and the bell rang soon after...

How hard is it to fight as a southpaw when it isnt your natural stance?[/QUOTE]

Southpaw actually IS my natural stance, it's how I started out as a kid....and boxing Nunn from that stance is what allowed me to catch him with so many big hooks...the punch I really shook him with, though, was a right hand from the conventional stance

Comment

PS, I was told today that the fight was on ESPN Classic two nights ago...

Comment

I was told there is a site that has the fight...can someone let me know what sites have fights that u can download for free??? I know u guys are on the case with that type stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                    I was told there is a site that has the fight...can someone let me know what sites have fights that u can download for free??? I know u guys are on the case with that type stuff
                    Part 1:
                    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2D3W2KXG

Part 2:
                    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RLYQR4Q0

Join them with HJSplit.

www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

Comment

Working...
                    X