No announcement yet.

How many years are there in a decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Only on NSB would this be a debatable topic lol. This sh^t is like the flat Earth debate for boxing fans.

Feel like a MIT graduate up in this forum sometimes.
    but dumbness should be allowed to exist, that means we get to celebrate end of decade (and millenium if you are old enough) twice.
    Double bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
      The contention isn't the number of years, it's at what point do you start counting. By the calendar year, our decade should not end until 31/12/2020 as we didn't start until 2011. This is the point I very clearly made in my example that you cut out. If you have a different theory, share it or stop being so damned obtuse
      No the contention IS the number of years!!!

2009-2019 is ELEVEN YEARS.

What 10 year span the decade ranges from is irrelevant.

You can't include wins from 2009 AND 2019 for a decade of work like the idiot claimed because that is ELEVEN years worth of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
        2000-2009
        2010-2019
        2020-2029

R u morons that dumb?
        not as dumb as the morons who think decade 1 had 9 years.

however, no biggie. The concept of 80s 90s, 10s is great too (which is what you mean).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            No the contention IS the number of years!!!

2009-2019 is ELEVEN YEARS.

What 10 year span the decade ranges from is irrelevant.

You can't include wins from 2009 AND 2019 for a decade of work like the idiot claimed because that is ELEVEN years worth of fights.
            My point of contention isn't the number of years, it's when we start counting. I hope that's easier (By my logic above, you've incorrectly included 2010 in the 2019 decade for example)

Comment

OP is stupider than the people thinking a decade is '09-'19 just for starting this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                but dumbness should be allowed to exist
                Oh yea Im pro dumb sh^t don't get me wrong.

Comment

The contention isn't the number of years
                  The exact f#cking question for this thread title is how many yrs are in a decade. That is 100% the contention. Or 101% the contention for people who think a decade is 11yrs I guess.

Comment

My point of contention isn't the number of years, it's when we start counting. I hope that's easier (By my logic above, you've incorrectly included 2010 in the 2019 decade for example)
                    Year 0 is pre pro boxing so who was the fighter of the decade couldn't have started til sometime in the 1700s if my memory serves me correctly. And James Figg woulda been in that first discussion.

Beyond that a decade best makes sense to start with the 3rd number changing & continuing until it changes again giving us the best fighters of the decades of the 2010s, 2000s, 1990s, 1980s & so on & so forth til organized boxing become more of a thing in the 1700s.

That Marciano avatar guy might suggest things go back further cuz hes quite the boxing historian but I believe the 1700s are the birth of modern organized boxing & the history is much more gapless from that time til now but thats a argument for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Oh yea Im pro dumb sh^t don't get me wrong.
                      excellent news sir, I am safe with you then

Comment

Working...
                      X