Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official PBC on Fox: Danny Garcia vs Robert Guerrero RBR and Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/98...t-guerrero.htm

Danny Garcia is confident that he will emerge victorious in his upcoming showdown with Robert Guerrero on Jan. 23 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Garcia, who holds an unblemished 31-0 record with 18 knockout victories, believes that Guerrero will not be as aggressive as he was in his previous fights. Why? Because the former champion is convinced that Guerrero knows that he is facing a stronger and younger opponent.
    "I actually don't think he's going to try and bang with me because he knows that I know I'm the stronger fighter," Garcia said via Fighthype. "I'm stronger and younger. If he coming to bang, we can definitely bang and see who is the stronger man in the middle of the ring."
    Garcia expects Guerrero to have a careful fight plan in their upcoming showdown. But in the event his opponent decides to go toe-to-toe with him, Garcia insisted that he will be ready for whatever Guerrero will bring on the table on fight night.

"I think he's going to try and box and go to his right; get some combinations off and go to his right and try to keep stepping around," Garcia said. "But we got 8 weeks to go and me and my dad and my team will be ready for whatever. We can bang, we can box, we can do whatever."

Garcia is coming off a ninth-round knockout victory against Paul Malignaggi in August. It was his first fight at the welterweight division after ruling the super lightweight division for several years.
    On the other hand, Guerrero has fought some of the best welterweight fighters over the past several years, including Floyd Mayweather and Andre Berto.

The 32-year-old Guerrero, who holds a 33-3-1 record with 18 victories coming by knockout, is coming off a split decision victory against Aaron Martinez in June. Most boxing analysts are convinced that Guerrero will be the biggest welterweight test so far for Garcia, but the former super lightweight world champion said that he is comfortable fighting at 147 pounds. In fact, he felt more comfortable during his victory against Malignaggi. "I got stronger and that's because I didn't lose so much weight," Garcia added. "I felt a lot stronger and a lot better and I feel like I could do things that I couldn't do at 140 because I was losing so much weight."

Comment

DANNY GARCIA VS. ROBERT GUERRERO PRESS CONFERENCE AND FACE OFF

Comment

ROBERT GUERRERO SAYS HE'S GOING BACK TO OLD SELF; PLANS TO BOX SMART INSTEAD OF BANGING

Comment

DANNY GARCIA TALKS GAME PLAN FOR ROBERT GUERRERO; EXCITED TO UNVEIL NEW SKILLS

Comment

ANGEL GARCIA TALKS GAME PLAN FOR ROBERT GUERRERO; PREDICTS DANNY GARCIA MIGHT KNOCK HIM OUT

Comment

Robert Guerrero Answers Questions from LA Media

Comment

Danny Garcia Answers Questions from LA Media

Comment

I think it will be a solid fight where both guys can find success. I don't know if Ghost has any boxer left in him, but it is worth a shot for him to try and use the jab.

Garcia should be able to find a home for his left hook and Guerrero will come to fight no matter what he says about boxing.

People are sleeping on Ghost big time but I think he can give Garcia a run for his money at the very least.

Comment

you know what,this fight is slowly starting to grow on me,yes of course garcia is going to win another overrmatched opponent but its always something when he fights...i want to see if hes able to get better or if hes peaked skillwise

but i will warn u now,if ur expecting major **** talking simply becuz of who the dads are,think twice cuz garcia and gurerrero are friends

yea the dads may not be,but the sons respesct each other so the dads will show restraint

Comment

It's a good introductory fight into a weight class for Danny.

I think he's a superior boxer to Guerrero. Guerrero has yet to put forth a complete performance at Welterweight. He looks worse everytime I see him.

Danny by UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X