No announcement yet.

Duva: "Kovalev has more fans in Canada than Stevenson, they don't like Adonis"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    There's a lot of Russians in Canada so Kovalev is bound to have some fans there.
    There is a decent amount in Montreal area.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      eh, seems unlikely. he was being booed pretty badly during and even after the pascal fight, and every quebecois poster you see on nsb seems to side with adonis
      I'm from Montreal, which means a Quebecer, and I despise Stevenson as do most of the people I know. I don't see how any civilized person can have any respect for the man after what he has done in his life. It would be one thing if he had ever offered an apology for his actions, but he never has and always tries to pass them off as the errors of his youth. I think he is scum and cannot wait to see Kovalev erase him from the sport.

Comment

Kovalev is soon to be the GOAT LHW so, uh, yeah... Not surprising.

Meanwhile, Adonis Stevenson is turning down career high-paydays to fight Kovalev, only to proceed to fight Fonfara, Sukhotzky and Bika.

One guys a fighter who wants to be great, the other guy is a money-maker who doesn't like making money.

Comment

Superduck is a criminal, a *****, and a racist, using race card for being disliked by his own country people

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
            Superduck is a criminal, a *****, and a racist, using race card for being disliked by his own country people
            Remember when Elie asked him if he was a pimp? 2:50

He admits it, but then the big dope behind interrupts because he knows it's a bad look.

It's funny Adonis says he doesn't have bad people around him now, when it was reported he was actually the "enforcer" for the gang.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 03-19-2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ostinato View Post
              Boxing is so niche in Canada right now that neither guy is really known. I would say Lemieux is the only guy even remotely on the radar.
              Ur totally wrong. Stevenon, Pascal, Bute are all way more popular than Lemieux.

Comment

There would be plenty of reason to like Adonis if he just pulled himself together to fight Kovalev. It's hard to like when a fighter ducks the best possible challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Remember when Elie asked him if he was a pimp? 2:50

He admits it, but then the big dope behind interrupts because he knows it's a bad look.

It's funny Adonis says he doesn't have bad people around him now, when it was reported he was actually the "enforcer" for the gang.
                  You would expect his facial expression to change when confronted to his criminal past, but it doesn't seem to make him uncomfortable whatsoever.

Elie: "... you went to jail, you were a pimp!"
                  Adonis: (smiles) " yeah... yeah".

However, it was indeed reported that he wasn't a pimp, but a bodyguard / enforcer.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    I'm from Montreal, which means a Quebecer, and I despise Stevenson as do most of the people I know. I don't see how any civilized person can have any respect for the man after what he has done in his life. It would be one thing if he had ever offered an apology for his actions, but he never has and always tries to pass them off as the errors of his youth. I think he is scum and cannot wait to see Kovalev erase him from the sport.
                    ... You just keep saying those above and the pimp will duck Kovalev again -- even if it's Montreal...

Comment

Boxers in Canada identify themselves with their ethnic origins. Bute is claimed by Rumanians, Pascal by Haitians, etc. I mostly root for the underdog, thus I wanted Pascal to do well in the Kovalev fight, but, as usual, the Russian's size advantage, reach and power are always used to the max. Same thing will happen with Stevenson. But I'll root for Stevenson, nonetheless, because he's the underdog.

Comment

Working...
                      X