No announcement yet.

Tipping is for chumps. Do NOT do it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    Tipping is BS all you're doing is saving employers money. If you didn't tip they would be forced to up the wages.
    or you'd have a bunch of toothless rubbies serving your food.

Comment

I used to work at this upscale restaurant in Maryland where we had this regular, a middle-aged asswipe who just refused to tip no matter how good the service was.

Well, 1 day he got really sick, we heard it was due to food poisoning.

Funny thing is, the poor guy didn't even suspect that our restaurant was the culprit.

He continued to be a regular after the incident but the staff felt really bad about what happened so they scaled it down to just spitting on his food.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
        I used to work at this upscale restaurant in Maryland where we had this regular, a middle-aged asswipe who just refused to tip no matter how good the service was.

Well, 1 day he got really sick, we heard it was due to food poisoning.

Funny thing is, the poor guy didn't even suspect that our restaurant was the culprit.

He continued to be a regular after the incident but the staff felt really bad about what happened so they scaled it down to just spitting on his food.
        Talk about an overreaction. What if the guy had a condition which could have caused him to die? He deserves to die over not tipping?

Comment

It's a general rule of thumb to not mess with the people who handle your food. Expect spit in your food the next time around, not that I condone this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
            HEY! don't call me an arsehole. Go take it out on the employer.
            I said: "you make yourself sound like an arsehole" I didn't say you were one.

So if you went into a restaurant and there was no one there to give you a menu, grab you a drink or generally help you out, would you go back? No probably not.

What if you had to stand in line at a nice restaurant to get your food like maccy d's? If everyone tipped like you (or didn't as the case may be) there would be no waiters or waitresses because they wouldn't make enough to live.

The employers can't afford to pay them much more, do you think they are making huge profits on your meal?

I tip all the time, even when I get ****ty service I still tip, just not well.

The great thing is, if you're a regular somewhere and you don't tip, you'll get the service you paid for and they'll hate to see you walk through the front door.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
              I said: "you make yourself sound like an arsehole" I didn't say you were one.

So if you went into a restaurant and there was no one there to give you a menu, grab you a drink or generally help you out, would you go back? No probably not.

What if you had to stand in line at a nice restaurant to get your food like maccy d's? If everyone tipped like you (or didn't as the case may be) there would be no waiters or waitresses because they wouldn't make enough to live.

The employers can't afford to pay them much more, do you think they are making huge profits on your meal?

I tip all the time, even when I get ****ty service I still tip, just not well.

The great thing is, if you're a regular somewhere and you don't tip, you'll get the service you paid for and they'll hate to see you walk through the front door.
              Well some restaurants make a lot from your meal, it just matters what you order, but they make a profit regardless. If you go to an italian restaurant and order spaghetti with meatballs, it could cost you about five dollars to make but they would charge you 15 or more.

Comment

What I hate are the hot girl bartenders at the busy bar/clubs that expect to get huge tips and treat you like **** if youre not giving them like a $3 tip a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                  It's not my problem if they don't get paid enough. Take it up with your boss, go on strike, I don't care! Just don't expect me to hand out free money.

I'm not cheap. The restaurant owner is.
                  yes you are cheap. the tip is for the service. the waiter gives quality of service to get a tip.

if you want to see what happens when theres no tips, go to Europe. Service there is terrible. Even though the tips are already calculated for you in the receipt(in France don't know about rest of Europe), its not a real tip cuz the waiter's quality of service isn't dependant on the amount of tip.

Comment

There use to be a bar I attended pretty regularly. They had like Olympic level bartenders for a while, and I tipped them pretty well but these dudes eventually moved on. Among the newer staff, there was this one dude that usually worked in the evenings when I was there. He wasn't really a bad bartender, but he was always a dick to me, and I reacted by not tipping very well. Well, I finally put two-and-two together, and started tipping him decently, and the service basically turned around immediately. I guess that if you are going to frequent an establishment, you had ought to tip, at least for the sake of your own comfort (plus people do have a propensity to think of you as a dick if you come into their place of work and don't show common courtesy by tipping regularly).

For the record, I've worked in restaurants as well. One place I worked at automatically deducted 5% of a bill from the servers (for tipping out other staff members), so people who didn't tip at least 5% literally took money out of their pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                      yes you are cheap. the tip is for the service. the waiter gives quality of service to get a tip.

if you want to see what happens when theres no tips, go to Europe. Service there is terrible. Even though the tips are already calculated for you in the receipt(in France don't know about rest of Europe), its not a real tip cuz the waiter's quality of service isn't dependant on the amount of tip.
                      Man I'm glad someone has some sense. In America, the reason there is the tip system is because it almost guarantee's you great service.

Waiters get something like $3 an hour, so they rely on tips as their main income. If you don't want to tip, then don't eat at a sit down restaurant, it's that simple. Go and eat at McDonalds or somewhere that you have to get your own food.

If you don't tip, not only are you cheap but you are a low life. It will almost guarantee you someone rubbing their dick on your pancakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X