No announcement yet.

Eubank looking awful in America!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
    so he took him lightly in the 2nd fight after having a real close fight 1st time round?

Like i stated earlier havent seen them in years so can comment properly on who should've won, but that sounds a bit lame.
    this guy might be chris eubank or a close relative. only way he can have eubank winning every fight. the truth is eubank just wasn't that good. his only good performances were in his first fight with nigel benn, the comeback knockout over watson after being schooled and the rocchigini fight. other than that he struggled mightily with average and below average fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      this guy might be chris eubank or a close relative. only way he can have eubank winning every fight. the truth is eubank just wasn't that good. his only good performances were in his first fight with nigel benn, the comeback knockout over watson after being schooled and the rocchigini fight. other than that he struggled mightily with average and below average fighters.
      Chris Eubank is like James Toney you just dont know which version is going to show up.

Comment

his only good performances were in his first fight with nigel benn, the comeback knockout over watson after being schooled and the rocchigini fight. other than that he struggled mightily with average and below average fighters.
        Logan, Smith, Cronin, Watson I, Jarvis, Wharton, Thompson I and Thompson II were extremely good performances.

Comment

And the below-average fighters were whom exactly?

Malinga, Essett, Thornton, Giminez, Holmes - all former/future champions of some kinds and challenged well for the other world titles against the best.

Comment

Benn should have got the decision against Eubank in the second fight, obviously I'm a Benn fan but I think he deserved to get his revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
              Logan, Smith, Cronin, Watson I, Jarvis, Wharton, Thompson I and Thompson II were extremely good performances.
              well i was only trying to count reasonable opposition. everyone looks good against bums. logan, smith, cronin weren't even title fights. jarvis is a bum. wharton was a good fighter so yea that was a nice win and he lost the watson and thompson fights so i'm not sure how good of a performance those can be.

Comment

Malinga, Essett, Thornton, Giminez, Holmes - all former/future champions of some kinds and challenged well for the other world titles against the best.
                if you count essett and giminez as good opposition then there is our difference. gary lockett looks like sugar ray leonard compared to those guys. look at giminez's record. he fought absolute bums in paraguay his entire career and everytime he stepped up he was dominated. he beat no one notable his entire career. a complete patsy if there ever was one.

guys like dan schommer, amaral costa, sam storey, ray close, dan sherry, giminez. a world champion should not be fighting guys like this and if he does fight them he shouldn't struggle so much.
                Last edited by daggum; 02-25-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Well Put. He prob never even saw Eubank fight

Comment

Eubank was never in love with the sport. He'd find it hard to get motivated for nothing fights but always turned it on for the big occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
                      What fights do you have in mind? I remember thinking he should of lost Benn II and Watson I. On the other side I think he should of won Thompson I
                      Tony Thornton. Toney soon after completely mastered him (TT), Roy Jones knocked him out too.

Comment

Working...
                      X