Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could you not support Random Testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
    this is what's called a "shut you the f up" post.

if the OST testing were year round and random, then it's acceptable. but it's on a fight by fight basis for only a handful of fighters in the world.

There are also inherent risks to athletes, most importantly boxers, of injuries, hematomas, and infections. it's real. I just had an IV inserted since I broke my collarbone. Had to stay overnight at the hospital since I hit my head.

My arm was bruised from it at the hospital. nothing big, but I felt it. Nurse told me it was perfectly normal and it would go away.

Now if I were a boxer and that **** ended up happening close to a multi-million dollar fight...I'm calling it off.

Now you see why there has to be a cutoff...either official or unofficial.
    So basically ur saying (I don't care that Floyd is willing to take the test/risk, I don't care about Floyd. I'm a Pac fan and only care what happens to/affects Pacquiao. Even if it were another fighter asking for this test, if Pacquiao didn't want to do it id support him. Doesn't matter that thousands of stars have done it for the Olympics, Pacquiaos reasons for not wanting to do it makes more sense)
    Am I warm?

Comment

and how are you gonna show your support to random testing? in boxing forums using bogus names? bull****...if you wanna get real, go and gather in front of the nsac office and voice your displeasure there. nsac already tried to shoot down this idea of implementing ost in pro boxing when they had a meeting with tygart. can you imagine that? if usda and tygart can not convince nsac, what chance does nsb peds experts got?

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
        So basically ur saying (I don't care that Floyd is willing to take the test/risk, I don't care about Floyd. I'm a Pac fan and only care what happens to/affects Pacquiao. Even if it were another fighter asking for this test, if Pacquiao didn't want to do it id support him. Doesn't matter that thousands of stars have done it for the Olympics, Pacquiaos reasons for not wanting to do it makes more sense)
        Am I warm?
        nope. what about if there's an injury to Mayweather? What's good the goose.... For this reason exactly, there was an unofficial 18-day cutoff. For this reason exactly, NSAC hasn't adopted it.

I'm not a dickhugger like some on the site. I either like the guy or I don't. I don't box, I don't idolize ANY of these guys. I gain NOTHING but entertainment from the fights. I'm simply a fan.

so that ******* ***** ****...take it somewhere else. I'm twice the age limit for internet tough guy.
        Last edited by NesNY; 08-11-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
          Seriously, think about it. Your fav fighter that's clean, can now fight with less of a chance his opponent is cheating.
          How can you not support that?

Nevermind who it came from, nevermind if its not 100% (shyt, what is 100% these days) eventhough its at best 90% better than what's in place now.
          I can understand hating the messenger, but listen to the message...

40 fights and now he wants to clean the sport?
          _So in that statement we can agree that cheating goes on in boxing. Yes it does, in 10 years there will be other changes to the sport, will you support the rules if it protects guys from being cheated? Change is the only thing certain in life, accept it.

Floyds not the commish..
          _Lame, cause if it were a guy you supported saying it (Floyds not the commish) would sound "Lame".. And I've supported both guys for a while, pretty much still do. But all this BS, haters and just all out @$sh0lez can turn u off.

I just think the message is great, people just hate the messanger.
          one question.. is floyd still being tested til now?

Comment

Comment

any reasonable person thinks random drug testing is a good thing. the only ppl who dont are ppl obsessed with floyd who critisize his every move regardless of what it is, and ppl who are just fans of pacquiao but not the sport of boxing as a whole and will back anythinghe says no matter what it is.

the truth of the matter is the current system is highly flawed, every other sport has better testing than boxing and very few of them are as dangerous as boxing is. no matterif its more strict drug testing, a closer look at the gloves and handwraps or better doctors at ringside teh sport dhould always strive to be safer.

Comment

Working...
              X