Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Thurman-Garcia Winner the Man to Beat at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Thurman-Garcia Winner the Man to Beat at 147?

To be the man, you have to beat the man. That statement rings true but with so many titles and all these days, it can be harder to put a finger on who is the man to beat.

After the smoke is cleared, would you say that the winner deserves to be the official man to beat to be the man at 147?

If not, who? The Brook-Spence winner?

Yes there both the two biggest names undefeated I will be a unified champion

Comment

In my mind there will still be questions even though I'm a Thurman fan.

Brook, Porter, Pacquiao, .....Spence, maybe? These guys are among the top guys right now.

Comment

There is still doubt. The winner of the fight you mentioned, Manny Pacquiao or Kell Brook after he wins his next fight.

Comment

The winner of Thurman
          -Garcia would definitely be #1 WW atm and when they unify with Spence-Brook winner then it's should be for the ring..

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            To be the man, you have to beat the man. That statement rings true but with so many titles and all these days, it can be harder to put a finger on who is the man to beat.
            Ignore the WBO title. It's never been equal to the big three.

That leaves three champions. The original two major titles plus the IBF.

The two original major titles are being unified between undefeated fighters. The two belts held by Floyd Mayweather before he retired.

Yes the Thurman/Garcia winner should be considered the man in the division, with the IBF champion as the top contender.

Comment

On paper, absolutely. They're the two biggest names at PBC and legit champions, the winner separates himself from the other welters by holding 2 belts. The winner of Kell vs Spence also has a solid claim to being #1. Pacman has the best resume obviously, but at this stage of his career, he's too far gone and just collecting his last few cheques before hanging them up, which is fair enough.

Comment

Id like to see either face Pacquiao or Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  Id like to see either face Pacquiao or Bradley
                  don't hold your breath. why would haymon risk giving up control of the weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                    Ignore the WBO title. It's never been equal to the big three.

That leaves three champions. The original two major titles plus the IBF.

The two original major titles are being unified between undefeated fighters. The two belts held by Floyd Mayweather before he retired.

Yes the Thurman/Garcia winner should be considered the man in the division, with the IBF champion as the top contender.
                    Yeah, I believe the winner is the man. It's just so confusing these days, though. The sport needs to drop some of these belts. If the IBF and WBO didn't exist, it would be much simpler.

Besides the belt issue, I think this winner is the man either way. Pac is on his way out and Brook and Spence are both good but not that proven at ww. Thurman definitely is and Garcia did a lot at 140. So I see this as the man to beat bout.

Comment

Working...
                    X