Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Gives Canelo The Clear Edge Over Much Bigger Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez Gives Canelo The Clear Edge Over Much Bigger Chavez Jr.

Former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez is giving the clear edge to Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) to defeat his countryman Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (49-2-1, 32 KOs), when the two Mexican superstars collide on May 6th as part of Cinco De Mayo weekend.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A Canelo win either way you slice it or dice it, but how much Canelo will struggle for the W all depends on what type of shape Chavez comes in at.

Comment

Chavez if fit has the size advantage. He can be a pressure fighter, close the gap and take Canelo out or he can use his size to keep Canelo away. I doubt Chavez will be smoking pot because this is a big fight.

Comment

What weight advantage? Canelo has been fighting as a light heavy all along. He'll make 164 the day before and come in at 180. He doesn't need any diuretics and such this time, but now we have to keep an eye on Jr.

Comment

I doubt this fight to be competitive for 4 rounds before Canelo takes over

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            What weight advantage? Canelo has been fighting as a light heavy all along. He'll make 164 the day before and come in at 180. He doesn't need any diuretics and such this time, but now we have to keep an eye on Jr.
            Didn't last time.e you say Canelo comes in well over 200lbs??? Provide a link showing Canelo has ever weighed 180.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
              Chavez if fit has the size advantage. He can be a pressure fighter, close the gap and take Canelo out or he can use his size to keep Canelo away. I doubt Chavez will be smoking pot because this is a big fight.
              EXACTLY!! And Chavez has MONTHS to train and eat right. I see SALTY ass GGG fans have already started trolling again. They just MAD because this fight is gonna DOUBLE if not TRIPLE G sales then Jcobs/GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                EXACTLY!! And Chavez has MONTHS to train and eat right. I see SALTY ass GGG fans have already started trolling again. They just MAD because this fight is gonna DOUBLE if not TRIPLE G sales then Jcobs/GGG.
                It will do 1million + PPV

Skillwise of course Alvarez is better than Chavez Jr., but Jr.'s no flook. Fonfara could flash knockdown GGG, Jacobs, DeGale, Zurdo, Alvarez. Chavez Jr. got a crazy chin and it took 9 rounds for a top 5 LHW at the time to take out Chavez Jr.

I wouldn't be surprised if in this bout Alvarez doubles at least his clinching compared to all his bouts. That alone can tire out Alvarez. Chavez Jr. Is a big motherfck. Hell No is Alvarez remotely close on size. A combination of Chavez Jr. pounding Lee with a more active jab like against Britsch with Chavez Sr. in camp crazier than ever this time around and it could very risky hout for Alvarez.

Comment

Didn't last time.e you say Canelo comes in well over 200lbs??? Provide a link showing Canelo has ever weighed 180.
                  The only fight Canelo has come in under 170 on fight night in the last 2 years was with Floyd. Lara, Angulo, Trout, 171 to 174 on fight night. That's light heavy. We don't know what he weighed on fight night for Smith, but I'm sure he didn't shrink.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                    The only fight Canelo has come in under 170 on fight night in the last 2 years was with Floyd. Lara, Angulo, Trout, 171 to 174 on fight night. That's light heavy. We don't know what he weighed on fight night for Smith, but I'm sure he didn't shrink.
                    Canelo was 174.5 for Angulo. If you don't think he comes in five pounds heavier now then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Working...
                    X