Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard on What Brook Needs To Shock Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Terrible deflection.

Such a small teeny tiny MW like Gigi should have accepted the catchweight.

The guy refuses to take any challenges whatsoever.
    There's no reason to have a cw fight. Nelo is a light heavyweight. That's what he walks around at. Nobody wants it to be a cw fight. Leave that to Floyd and PSAC.

Why isn't GGG fighting nelo at 160 considered a challenge now?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Ffs ... the similarities between Brook and SRL ... both being WW's moving up to fight a bigger MW champ ... are an integral part of the situation that Leornard is talking about.

Maybe if a professor of linguistics did a formal analysis of the deep semantic structure of the sentence "Sugar Ray himself is comparing Kell Brook to him" he might conclude that I was talking out of my arse there, but come on now .. you what I meant innit?
      I'm sorry but you can twist this any way you want. Comparing the circumstances of their respective fight is not making a comparison to himself as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        I'm sorry but you can twist this any way you want. Comparing the circumstances of their respective fight is not making a comparison to himself as a fighter.
        You like your strawmen!

I didn't say that SRL was comparing Brook to himself as a fighter.

Though of course, Brook, like SRL, is a WW moving up to MW, and a big underdog in the fight. SRL is saying that if Brook has the same attitude against GGG as he had against Hagler, that will help him.

"The general consensus is that he does not have a chance, he can't win, but he has to believe in himself," said Leonard to Sky Sports. "For me, I fought at my best when I was the underdog. I was more focused and determined. For Brook, if he feels the same way, (as he himself felt) that is a plus."

Comment

My concerns for Kell brook are ring size and that he doesn't come in too heavy or muscular. The reason being is that if he's too heavy by adding on too much muscle mass, then it could adversely effect his overall speed and stamina.

He needs a large ring in order to keep his distance from GGG and also he must be light enough to move around the ring for twelve rounds, because at some point, he is going to be forced into trading punches with the naturally larger Golovkin. If he comes in too heavy, chances are he'll be a lot slower and fatigue earlier than usual; Thereby making him that much of an easier target for Gennady to find.

Comment

If Kell beats and out boxes GGG, I think he's in SRL's Class!

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
              If Kell beats and out boxes GGG, I think he's in SRL's Class!
              While it would be an icredible win it just doesn't put him up there with Leonard. Benitez, Hearns, Dura and Hagler. Nuff said.

Comment

While it would be an icredible win it just doesn't put him up there with Leonard. Benitez, Hearns, Dura and Hagler. Nuff said.
                True, but if Brook dosen't GGG is still in ATG Class...

Only problemo, an old Boxing Axiom:

A good Boxer usually beats the big puncher...

That's what gives Brook a shot Let's wait and check it out...
                Last edited by jbpanama; 08-31-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                  True, but if Brook dosen't GGG is still in ATG Class...

Only problemo, an old Boxing Axiom:

A good Boxer usually beats the big puncher...

That's what gives Brook a shot Let's wait and check it out...
                  I don't think of GGG as an ATG, at least yet. But he has all time skills. He's much more than a puncher and I think he will break Kell down and stop him in 6 or 7 rounds. Like you said though, we'll have to wait and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                    He used voice chat.
                    Sorry my friend was just typing away lol but the truth is that Brook nor Golovkin is Leonard or Hagler and I believe Brook will fight smart in this fight and give Golovkin all types of problems Golovkin is a big hype job to the boxing world power means nothing if thats all that you have and a smart boxer can take it away from you

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
                      I do not remember people criticizing Hagler for making this fight with SRL the way people today criticize GGG? I was only 17 and there was no internet but I remember people were looking forward to it?
                      3g fans always mention how hagler and monzon never moved up so why should 3g. 3g's era is void of competition.

as for srl vs hagler.....it was haglers last fight and everyone knew it. who here remembers these famous words...''i will never fight that man (while theres still life in his legs) !!!''

Comment

Working...
                      X