Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Outpoints Cotto, Claims Middleweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo looked really good. He was mostly in control. I thought he won 8-9 rounds. Cotto just looked so much smaller. His punches did no damage at all. He had some moments. Im surprised people thought it was that close.

Biggest suprises for me were Cotto's chin and Canelo's defense. Both were better than I thought coming in.

Still think Canelo will have a hard time once he fights bigger guys. I don't know what Cotto can do from here. Maybe a Bradley fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      Canelo won because he was the the most accurate, good defense, and landed better shots. that simple.
      not that simple..his head went back at time and got caught clean with jabs and straigh rights...
      how can u mention simple and not mention the size of the fighters..

8 to congrats canelo, but im not sold unless he is the bigger man

Comment

• Decent fight, not great by any stretch. I saw it as an easy 8-4 for Canelo.

Cotto spent much of the fight worried about what Canelo was going to do. Canelo fought smart and picked his spots. Cotto had to come to him to land and it gave Canelo the opportunities he needed.

Canelo will not fair well against the 3-G's though. He just does not have the footwork. GGG has the range, technique and power advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
          im sure if my son was pro and experience he would make a fool of canelo..u'll see soon..we dont want gold we want to go straight pro
          No he wouldnt, if youre training him then he'll never be elite

Comment

• FFS if the fight was fixed why would the scores be so one-sided ?

Comment

• I was in haze the whole time watching and felt it was close. Couldn't pick a winner but I'll have to rewatch it tomorrow.

The scorecards were very wide. 119-109 for Canelo?

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                dont get me wrong both are equally skilled but i think if both were 160lbs tonight cotto would have won basedon activity and mutual power
                Agree with ya.

Comment

• Canelo clearly won... 180 - 160 ... those are lbs BTW...

Comment

• Canelo is thrown to the lion (GGG) by the boxing mafia including Cotto because he didn't want to fight GGG.

Comment

• Not as exciting as I expected and the scorecards sucked, but the right man won.

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                      If this fight was scored the way Mayweather fights are scored then Cotto would have won, but those cards were mailed in before the bell even rang.
                      How did this resemble a Mayweather fight in any way?

Comment

Working...
                      X