Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Marquez KO'ing Manny, how does Floyd's Marquez Win Look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Marquez KO'ing Manny, how does Floyd's Marquez Win Look?

He came off a 2 year lay off and won basically every round against Marquez. Even marquez said the reason was because Floyd is too difficult to figure out.

After that, Marquez goes back to welterweight and fights Pacquiao to a MD loss and brutal KO win.

Has the win gotten better with age? Reminds me of Lewis' TKO6 over Vitali in a lot of ways.
    Better
    36.23%
    The Same
    63.77%

Even before JMM's KO of Pac Mayweather's win shouldn't be underestimated. Floyd went in there after 2 years off and basically made a 3 weight world champion and future HOFer look very average. Its one of Floyd's best performances.

Comment

Styles make fights, this was a really bad matchup for Marquez. Both of them are counter punchers so one of them was going to have to lead. Marquez did, and Floyd picked him apart. Once Floyd figures you out, he just walks you down and stands in front of you and thats what he did to JMM. They are in many ways the same fighter, but Floyd will sit down on a counter shot and Marquez will counter with combinations. And Floyd is much faster and was much bigger in that fight. Really bad matchup for Marquez and also evidence why Pacman would have never touched Mayweather.

Edit: Also, none of the combinations JMM was throwing were landing at all, not the second third or 4th punches. When a guy is standing right in front of you and you cant hit him it frustrates most fighters. Most guys will quit. ie Zab Judah To Marquez credit, he kept fighting the whole time and thats the only reason he wasnt stopped. That combined with the fact that Floyd wont press for a stoppage and put himself at risk.
      Last edited by sauld420; 12-20-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Marquez landed some nice rights that I think Floyd took seriously and didn't attack very hard. Even when he dropped Marquez, it was like nothing happened and it went right back to intense boxing.

Comment

The same as it always was for me. Nothing to brag about. Right here on nsb when the thought was ever 1st conceived, everyone was like no way the fight would happen.....except for me. I told nsb to not be surprised if Floyd took the fight. Then he did.

Supposedly because Marquez called him out. Yeah, ok, like Margarito hadn't done that right?? Then Floyd didn't even bother to make weight.

Then because Pacman decided to do the same & be flaky, immediately Floyd fans felt their guy was justified. Well 2 wrongs didn't make a right & the only fighter between the 3 that deserve any props for the fights at welterweight is Marquez. Who's fought them both, while they avoided each other. A shameful situation coming from 2 of the greatest active fighters.

Comment

He beat someone 2 divisions smaller than him and couldnt make the agreed upon weigh..I wouldnt be too proud.

Comment

Styles make fights.

Anyone who changes their opinion on how they rated a certain win due to how some other boxer did against the same opponent is a class A ******.

Comment

History is going to have to go back and give that fight a second look. Floyd rolled out of the bed and embarrassed the P4P Number 2 fighter. Now don't get me wrong JMM was not in the condition that he was in for the Pac fight but the dude can still fight and Floyd rolled him using pure skill he didn't even attempt to make a conscious effort to impose his will on JMM.

JMM imo beat Pac twice at 147 pounds. The same weight he fought Floyd at no matter how we slice that happened.

Comment

looks about the same to me. quality win for floyd

i figure some may foolishly think that a more accustomed jmm gives him a better fight but i digress. that extra muscle jmm added made him less fluid and more clumsy to my eyes. i believe it led to pac winning the early part of the fight sans the knockdown

pac was winning NOT dominating

Comment

Lets forget the fact that floyd is way bigger than marquez...everything favored floyd coming into that fight

Comment

Working...
                    X