No announcement yet.

the universe did not just create its damn self.we have a creator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-97 View Post
    To be fair, the concept of intelligent design is nothing more than a 'god of the gaps' theory.

"Hey look at this, it's so complex! No way this happened randomly, must be god!"

I fail to see how this proves anything.

Of course, the entire argument of gods existence is futile. Gods existence can be eschatologically verificatied but never falsified. It all comes down to faith, do you believe or do you not? There is no answer.
    The opposite side of the intelligent design debate has just as many holes.

Any man who knows a thing, knows he knows nothing at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
      The opposite side of the intelligent design debate has just as many holes.

Any man who knows a thing, knows he knows nothing at all.
      Of course it does, every theory concerning the universe and God is full of holes.

Personally, I don't see why so few people try to join science and religion. Is it not possible that some sort of God or creator triggered the big bang theory, which in turn began the universe and evolution?

I just can't stand theories which look for any hole in knowledge and say, "Well, it has to be God then".

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Did you just stutter-type?
          Nah, see Anaphora

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphora_(rhetoric)
          Last edited by res; 06-16-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
            What do you mean why? Because it is the logical thing.

And how could we have possibly created God if we cant even explain his existence.

You see we discovered electrons jumping orbits...We cant not explain how they move from one orbit to the other without there being an in between phase to their movement. But at least it is something we witness even if we cannot explain it.

Now God we have never seen yet we invent him and cannot explain him/her/it...

It just makes no sense.

P.S. I actually wear a cross because I stand for many Christian values, because I believe that all of our morals are derived from religion and I feel that morality is important, and there can be no morals derived from atheism, arguments that claim there can be morals without religion are nonsense.
            So you responded to the first sentence and just ignored all that "high fallutin" stuff I wrote in the paragraph under it?

Again, WHY is it logical to assume that if something exists it had to have a cause? We have too many people trying to refute the First cause argument when they don't even understand it.
            Last edited by res; 06-16-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              What ever happened to just being a decent human being? Is that notion something to be thrown in the garbage in the 21st century?
              Well the notion of being decent to people merely because they are "humans beings" wasn't too common prior to the 20th Century.

You are taking a whole lot of things for granted. There are reasons that thinkers like Nietzsche exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                Miracle just means God has intervened.

Singularity = something which scientist can't fully explain because the laws of physics breakdown, such as the Big Bang.

Did God intervened to start the Big Bang?

Comment

• Originally posted by PacmanSteroids
                  Where have you been in the last 5 years? You are out of date. News flash to you; Without the discovery of the bosom particle (aka God particle), the Big Bang theory goes out the window. The big bang theory supports what you state, that the universe is expanding. Scientists have calculated a 98% probability that the bosom particle does not exist. Therefore, it basically states that there was never a beginning nor there will ever be an end. The universe has always been here and always will be here for eternity. It also has no size. Itīs infinite. Never ends. therefore there is no god or gods.

Bosom?

What the hell is that?

And the Big Bang Theory is solid, and is backed up by a lot of evidence, what do you think disproves it?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    No offense to any one in this thread, but I don't know why every one who's defending their being a god, reminds me of the Keunu Reeves meme's.

You won't offend me, just as long as keep posting Memes and don't actually refute anything I say.

Comment

• there are only 2 things in this world. things created by man and things that are not man-made or things that existed before man which for me are God's creation.

humans have become too boastful. these non-believers, they don't believe in a creator but they believe in things created by man. for them all other things in this world just popped out from somewhere. ironically, that include humans...we came from nothing.

this world, including human existence, is just too perfect to come out of nothing. it can't be. just because you can not fathom the depth of our existence in this world with your mind doesn't mean we are not created.

Comment

Working...
                      X