Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White confirms GSP vs. Nate Diaz lightweight bout in the works for August

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White confirms GSP vs. Nate Diaz lightweight bout in the works for August

Over the weekend, reports surfaced that former UFC welterweight and middleweight champion Georges St-Pierre could be fighting Nate Diaz at UFC 227 on August 4 in Los Angeles.

Last night, on the latest episode of UFC Unfiltered, UFC President Dana White confirmed the bout is indeed in the works for the card, and that it would probably occur at lightweight. Speaking on the podcast, White also confirmed recent rumors of a Alexander Gustafsson vs. Luke Rockhold light heavyweight showdown, though he denied the fight will be for the interim light heavyweight title.

“It is true and they would fight at 155-pounds,” White said of Georges St-Pierre vs. Nate Diaz.

“There are rumours, what did I see? That we were doing Gustafsson and Rockhold, that is true, but that’s not for the interim title, that’s false,” White continued. “It might be LA, I’m targeting LA.”

“In my perfect world, if everything goes perfect, and nothing ever goes perfect in this world, [it will be] Dillashaw vs Garbrandt, GSP vs Diaz would be the co-main, Gustafsson vs Rockhold and Brunson vs Antonio Carlos

“It is true and they would fight at 155-pounds,” White said of Georges St-Pierre vs. Nate Diaz

Interestingly, it was only days ago that Dana White assured the rumors about Nate Diaz fighting at UFC 227 were nonsense.

“We offer him a fight every 3 or 4 months and have ever since his last fight,” White told Yahoo’s Kevin Iole. “Nothing is going on.”

Are you interested in seeing Georges St-Pierre and Nate Diaz fight at UFC 227? Who do you think will come out on top?

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/dana...-at-ghtweight/
    Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 05-08-2018, 07:54 PM.

Interesting. I'd not have thought Nate vs GSP would be a fight the UFC would eff with. But f#ck it why not I guess these days all sorts of weird sh^t is going on it seems like so fair play.

I'm a fan of Nate more then GSP, but obviously got great respect for both guys. That said I think this fight is all wrong for Nate. I think this will end up being more of a keep busy fight for GSP. GSP vs Nate is a monster movie headliner, but gonna be one sided in actuality I predict.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Interesting. I'd not have thought Nate vs GSP would be a fight the UFC would eff with. But f#ck it why not I guess these days all sorts of weird sh^t is going on it seems like so fair play.

I'm a fan of Nate more then GSP, but obviously got great respect for both guys. That said I think this fight is all wrong for Nate. I think this will end up being more of a keep busy fight for GSP. GSP vs Nate is a monster movie headliner, but gonna be one sided in actuality I predict.
      Yeah, a shutout, or what they call in pro wrestling, a squash.

Comment

Hmmm, a hard pick with Diaz being out for so long.

Comment

Working...
        X