Sorry Americans, Ukraine is now the number 1 boxing nation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Americans, Ukraine is now the number 1 boxing nation

Loma, Usyk and Gvodzdyk.

3 kings whipping guys in their back yard and taking home all the belts and multiple FOTY awards.

Americans like Spence Thurman Davis and Crawford KNOW they will always get preferential treatment and big paydays so they just coast along and have one big fight every 5 years or something. There are exceptions like Danny Jacobs etc but usually it's like this.

The Ukrainians are out for glory. Beautiful to watch.

True True

Comment

Thoughts on these 3 below? (since this is a Ukraine hype thread)
      Oleksandr Teslenko (Heavyweight) Amateur career 224-23; Currently 15-0 (12 KOs)
      Oleg Malynovskyi (featherweight) 23-0 (7 KOs)
      Denys Berinchyk 9-0 (6 KOs)

Comment

The UK have the 2 best boxers on the planet. Joshua and Fury.

Comment

I'm not sure there's a #1 boxing nation. America still has the most professionals and maybe the most champions and most people entering the sport, training etc;

I think Europe in general is the strongest region currently as far as elite fighters go and highest number of champions with Eastern Europe being stronger than Western. Asia being the far and away leader bantamweight and below currently.

What I will say is that since the Eastern Europeans have being turning pro at a higher rate (in the past it wasn't allowed or plain very difficult to turn pro), having more success in general I think with good teaching, training etc; the sport is leading in the direction like when Latino fighters were coming more and more into prominence in the 50's and 60's where they are here to stay and succeed as much as that pains many. The British boxing scene is at it's peak and producing at a higher rate than previous too. Numbers-wise Eastern Europe is still at the minimum turning pro and such but that will change in time too.

Boxing has always had these cycles. It was the Irish, then the Italians and Jews (mostly from Eastern Europe), then African Americans, then the Latino's, now it's the Europeans.

Bottom line just enjoy it because great fighters and great styles and people call from all over and all add value and contribute to the sport. Don't cut yourself off to regions and countries like posters here like Mexican puppet, 187 proof, Shadoww, mcdonalds etc;

Comment

Most of the Americans here wish they were eastern euros anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if they show up to Loma fights with a Ukrainian flag

Comment

This era is fairly weak... but enjoy your wank.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                The UK have the 2 best boxers on the planet. Joshua and Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                  What's funny? A little Lomachenko isn't beating a Joshua or a Fury, that's why we have weight divisions. The reality is the HW's are the best boxers on the planet.

Comment

ukrainians are taking over

Comment

Working...
                    X