Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't get excited for Loma-Tank or Loma-Mikey. Al Haymon will block it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Top Rank is a business and they do what is best for them. Just don't think it is accurate on how they are willing to work others when it comes down to those other promoters sending their guys to ESPN. Let ESPN send one of their A-siders to another network and then I will become a believer. And I'm not saying Haymon will do the same, just pointing that there is very little difference between the two.

GBP on the other hand? They truly seem willing to send some of their best guys elsewhere. Obviously won't send Canelo, but they shouldn't as he is the ultimate A side.
    Idk about anyone doing it all that much when it matters.

And everyone except Bob pretty much will let lesser fighters go fight bigger names elsewhere. Granted Bob has done it, but its more like pulling teeth with Bob vs standard for others in the US market.

The universal truth is making big name fights is next to impossible if PPV isn't a viable or reasonable option.

Comment

It is a lot of fighters who HIDE BEHIND Haymon's Power and Influence. Abner Mares confirmed that Haymon will deliver whatever THE FIGHTER WANTS! Abner Mares ASKED for Tank Davis, Mikey Garcia ASKED for Spence Jr. As for Spence Jr vs Crawford, nobody saying the fight will never happen on either side, it is just not happening until Spence Jr (or even Mikey Garcia if he beats Spence Jr) unifies the Welteweight on the PBC side of things. However, if Spence Jr was say he wanted Crawford now no question they would do it for him NOW but nobody is going to argue or go against the advice of a guy who help guide Mayweather career and made him the richest fighter in boxing history either

Spence Jr vs Crawford also does need to grow and reach the attention of the Casual Sports Fan to be as big as us Hardcore Fans think it can be when they fight

So stop blaming Everybody but the Fighters!
      Last edited by sicko; 12-11-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        They had no choice with Gvozdyk. It was mandated and they'd ducked the mandatory for three years just Arum made sure that wouldn't happen to his guy. Still they got the fight in Stevenson's hometown with a biased ref and awful judges.

Haymon blocks more matches then anybody but they are good at shifting the blame and their sheep like fans just follow everything they say.
        Well those are great points as well. Haha. I'm glad the Nail took it out of the judges' hands.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          I mean I don't think so. They just put the fight in NY or somewhere. Lomachenko draws well so that isn't going to be a problem.

This is ALL about DAZN, very little about giving Crolla the best chance to win.

I mentioned this MONTHS ago during the Wilder/Joshua negotiations, but to me one of the hold ups were the DAZN factor. Hearn knew he couldn't put that fight on DAZN right at the launch as no one in America knew about the product and he preferred pushing that fight to 2019. This way he could sell DAZN for five or six months and then put the Joshua/Wilder fight there adding crazy amount of subscribers. To me that was a underrated factor that very few people, if any, talked about back in June/July.

I don’t even think Crolla would care if the fight does on DAZN. He is all about sky sport and his following. So am sure he would want to see matchroom win that purse bid for here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I don’t even think Crolla would care if the fight does on DAZN. He is all about sky sport and his following. So am sure he would want to see matchroom win that purse bid for here.
            Crolla definitely would prefer it in the UK but I doubt he would mind all that much if it takes place in the US. Just wants another title shot before he calls it quits.

So Eddie will put it in the US in all likelihood if he wins the bid. The only question is if Lomachenko vacates or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              PBC doesn't even got a mouthpiece to deflect blame for any of these alleged fights you say they stopped from happening. What are you even talking about? Show me some examples of PBC deflecting blame?
              I meant PBC mouthpieces like Mike Coppinger, or pro-PBC media, who Michael Montero has said have ties to the Watsons and the PBC, like Boxing Ego or Dontae. As for the PBC itself, Lou Dibella and Leonard Ellerbe have deflected blame before, Shelly Finkel has as well. Just because Haymon doesnt give interviews doesnt mean the PBC doesnt have mouthpieces. In fact Im sure the whole reason he doesnt give interviews is because he has mouthpieces. Imagine how much more effectively Trump would be able to control public perception if instead of having to answer tough questions himself, he instead had like 10 different undercover satellite mouthpieces on all the major networks or platforms, all always praising him and deflecting blame from him, but without anyone ever knowing they are working directly that favor him. And they get to spew their propaganda unopposed by anyone else on the channel. That is a way more effective way to fool the public if you can get away with it than having to answer questions yourself.

So for you to portray Haymon or PBC as sort of helpless, unable to defend themselves, no spokesperson to push back, so therefore if anything, the public narrative is always against them, because they have no way to push back like the other promoters, is just not consistent at all with reality. I'd say the reality of the situation is the opposite of that. Haymon doesnt give interviews because it's to his advantage to have unaccountable mouthpieces on youtube tell lies that favor him, instead of having to tell them himself and be accountable for the narratives that need to keep being pushed for the PBC to remain relevant.

You really think Al Haymon wants to have to go on record in an ESPN Interview saying stuff like "complexion for the protection" about white boxers, and all other sorts of racist dogwhistling that is used on these channels to give fans some emotional stakes in these PBC boxers careers who otherwise provide zero emotional stakes in the fights themselves because they are such mismatches? Of course not, but certain youtube channels, run by supposedly independent people, can say stuff like that freely without worrying about the PBC receiving blockback from the press because they don't represent the PBC in any official capacity. But Montero said some of them have ties, and it would be crazy if they didn't given how onesided their channels are. Haymon can't do that because he does represent the PBC, not without proving the critics right about the PBC, and getting his company officially labeled as racist based on actual provable quotes from the head of the PBC itself. Why would he do that? So it's much better for him and the PBC to run things the way they have.
              Last edited by Boxing Logic; 12-19-2018, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                I meant PBC mouthpieces like Mike Coppinger, or pro-PBC media, who Michael Montero has said have ties to the Watsons and the PBC, like Boxing Ego or Dontae. As for the PBC itself, Lou Dibella and Leonard Ellerbe have deflected blame before, Shelly Finkel has as well. Just because Haymon doesnt give interviews doesnt mean the PBC doesnt have mouthpieces. In fact Im sure the whole reason he doesnt give interviews is because he has mouthpieces. Imagine how much more effectively Trump would be able to control public perception if instead of having to answer tough questions himself, he instead had like 10 different undercover satellite mouthpieces on all the major networks or platforms, all always praising him and deflecting blame from him, but without anyone ever knowing they are working directly that favor him. And they get to spew their propaganda unopposed by anyone else on the channel. That is a way more effective way to fool the public if you can get away with it than having to answer questions yourself.

So for you to portray Haymon or PBC as sort of helpless, unable to defend themselves, no spokesperson to push back, so therefore if anything, the public narrative is always against them, because they have no way to push back like the other promoters, is just not consistent at all with reality. I'd say the reality of the situation is the opposite of that. Haymon doesnt give interviews because it's to his advantage to have unaccountable mouthpieces on youtube tell lies that favor him, instead of having to tell them himself and be accountable for the narratives that need to keep being pushed for the PBC to remain relevant.

You really think Al Haymon wants to have to go on record in an ESPN Interview saying stuff like "complexion for the protection" about white boxers, and all other sorts of racist dogwhistling that is used on these channels to give fans some emotional stakes in these PBC boxers careers who otherwise provide zero emotional stakes in the fights themselves because they are such mismatches? Of course not, but certain youtube channels, run by supposedly independent people, can say stuff like that freely without worrying about the PBC receiving blockback from the press because they don't represent the PBC in any official capacity. But Montero said some of them have ties, and it would be crazy if they didn't given how onesided their channels are. Haymon can't do that because he does represent the PBC, not without proving the critics right about the PBC, and getting his company officially labeled as racist based on actual provable quotes from the head of the PBC itself. Why would he do that? So it's much better for him and the PBC to run things the way they have.
                He doesn't give interviews and you have decided its for nefarious reasons. Why do you always assume the worst when it comes to Haymon?

You are blaming him for fights not happening yet you have information from sources aligned with Top Rank that say both sides are responsible for the fight being blocked.

What is your real issue with Haymon? Be honest!

Comment

Working...
                X