No announcement yet.

Cotto-Williams, 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto-Williams, 2008

Paul Williams beats Carlos Quintana in their first fight, and Cotto is matched with him rather than against Margarito. Who wins?
    Cotto
    24.00%
    Williams
    76.00%

I think Williams is too big for him to be honest. Sure, he didn't use his size well but he was gifted in many other ways. AMAZING stamina, good handspeed, solid chin...he would make you fight the whole round. I think Cotto hasn't ever had the best stamina, he likes to fight in spurts and that wouldn't work too well vs Williams.

Man, I miss Paul Williams. So many great match ups for a prime P.Williams at 147-154.

Comment

Williams was a very hard guy to beat and I think he would overwhelm Cotto with over 100 punches a round and wear him down and knock him out.

Comment

Cotto is far superior and would probably stop him to the body

Comment

IMO Williams takes a narrow decision in a barnburner. Pity the fight never happened.

Comment

Cotto tenderizes his body and outboxes to a clear UD or possibly late stoppage. Two different classes of fighters.

Comment

Pwill is so overrated

Comment

Williams would beat Cotto imo to much awkward movement and off rhythm speed

Comment

P. Williams would have the edge. P. Williams shots came from everywhere and never stopped coming. By the later rounds, Cotto would get tired out by the constant barrage.

While Cotto does have a dominant left hand, P. Williama had problems with southpaws that fought in the southpaw stance and had some slickness to them too. Again, that's not Cotto.

If P.Williams only had a good trainer, who knows how far he could have gone.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                    Paul Williams beats Carlos Quintana in their first fight, and Cotto is matched with him rather than against Margarito. Who wins?
                    Cotto pre Margarito beats P Will by close decision IMO...

Cotto, after a round or two starts to get on Williams inside and cuts his work rate down with body shots..

I can see him slowing down mid to late rounds and be overtaken by Williams then late surge by Miguel in the Champ rounds seal the decision!

Comment

Working...
                    X