No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: Khan is a Coward and Conman - He's Now 'Amir Con'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I was impressed with his victory over Porter, but then he fought Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin, and Kevin Bizier, in 3 consecutive fights! WEAK!
    I forgot: after beating Porter, Brook also hoped for a shot at Floyd! ...

Comment

I understand that, but look at both their resumes! It's still hard to say Khan is a "coward!" Maybe Khan doesn't want Brook gaining his fame off his name? We've seen Khan begging for Mayweather and Pacquiao! We've seen him fight Maidana and Canelo! What's Brook's best victory?
      What? Man you sound like you're trying hard to not understand it. Khan isn't a coward in his boxing career overall, but he's a coward for literally running away from the Brook fight. It is specifically getting KO'd by Brook that he is scared of, because of the humiliation it would mean in the UK.
      To answer your other question, beating Porter in the US is Brook's best win. Porter has wins over Broner and Danny Garcia, you know the guy who destroyed Khan. Porter's only loss besides Brook s a close points one to Thurman, so that is a very good win, as good as Khan's best win, which is.... Maidana?
      Don't think it would be an old Barrerra, old Judah, old Collazo or old Alexander?

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
        What? Man you sound like you're trying hard to not understand it. Khan isn't a coward in his boxing career overall, but he's a coward for literally running away from the Brook fight. It is specifically getting KO'd by Brook that he is scared of, because of the humiliation it would mean in the UK.
        To answer your other question, beating Porter in the US is Brook's best win. Porter has wins over Broner and Danny Garcia, you know the guy who destroyed Khan. Porter's only loss besides Brook s a close points one to Thurman, so that is a very good win, as good as Khan's best win, which is.... Maidana?
        Don't think it would be an old Barrerra, old Judah, old Collazo or old Alexander?
        Khan fought Danny Garcia, Alexander, Peterson, Maidana, Collazo, Canelo, etc.! Brook fought Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin, and Kevin Bizier! His whole game plan was to fight Khan, and gain fame off of Khan! I think that's pathetic! Brook has skills! Fight Munguia, fight Hurd, fight Jermell Charlo, fight Lara! Zerafa? WEAK!
        I'm not a Khan fan, but Brook is very disappointing!

May 25, 2018:

A week after the fight he was honored by Maryland's Prince George's County council member Mel Franklin during a ceremony celebrating the win. Soon, Hurd hopes to have his next fight squared away, which likely will take place in the fall.

Hurd was not shy about saying specifically who he wants to tangle with next.

"What we want is a fight with Kell Brook because we want a durable opponent, somebody who will be competitive and a fight with Kell Brook would be really competitive," Hurd said...

"Right now Kell Brook is kind of wanting the fight with Amir Khan so if he doesn't take the fight with me, I'll fight one of my mandatories or whoever."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-brothers-next

Message to Kell Brook: Stop crying about Amir Khan and MAN UP!

Comment

Khan fought Danny Garcia, Alexander, Peterson, Maidana, Collazo, Canelo, etc.! Brook fought Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin, and Kevin Bizier! His whole game plan was to fight Khan, and gain fame off of Khan! I think that's pathetic! Brook has skills! Fight Munguia, fight Hurd, fight Jermell Charlo, fight Lara! Zerafa? WEAK!
          I'm not a Khan fan, but Brook is very disappointing!

May 25, 2018:

A week after the fight he was honored by Maryland's Prince George's County council member Mel Franklin during a ceremony celebrating the win. Soon, Hurd hopes to have his next fight squared away, which likely will take place in the fall.

Hurd was not shy about saying specifically who he wants to tangle with next.

"What we want is a fight with Kell Brook because we want a durable opponent, somebody who will be competitive and a fight with Kell Brook would be really competitive," Hurd said...

"Right now Kell Brook is kind of wanting the fight with Amir Khan so if he doesn't take the fight with me, I'll fight one of my mandatories or whoever."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-brothers-next

Message to Kell Brook: Stop crying about Amir Khan and MAN UP!
          I agree that Brook's career has been disappointing since Porter. Both because of the poor defenses (although two were mandatories) and the choice of fighting GGG.
          I never said that wasn't the case. I was a big Brook fan, but I've become disillusioned with the way his career has gone.
          That really is a different issue as to the one I was replying to you about though. Khan is a coward because he is terrified of losing specifically to Brook. Whether you admit that or not, it's undeniable and the boxing world knows it.
          I do agree that Brook should forget about Khan though and chase titles at 147 or 154.
          Khan hasn't held a title since July 2012 when Garcia battered him, that's 6 AND A HALF YEARS AGO AND COUNTING.
          Khan also has only held titles at 140, never 147.
          Khan really doesn't have much credibility on the world scene now, so it wouldn't even be a particularly meaningful win for Brook, he must just want the money the fight would generate. If they fought now, it would just mean that the loser had nowhere to go and should retire.
          Last edited by apollocreed; 12-07-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
            I agree that Brook's career has been disappointing since Porter. Both because of the poor defenses (although two were mandatories) and the choice of fighting GGG.
            I never said that wasn't the case. I was a big Brook fan, but I've become disillusioned with the way his career has gone.
            That really is a different issue as to the one I was replying to you about though. Khan is a coward because he is terrified of losing specifically to Brook. Whether you admit that or not, it's undeniable and the boxing world knows it.
            I do agree that Brook should forget about Khan though and chase titles at 147 or 154.
            Khan hasn't held a title since July 2012 when Garcia battered him, that's 6 AND A HALF YEARS AGO AND COUNTING.
            Khan also has only held titles at 140, never 147.
            Khan really doesn't have much credibility on the world scene now, so it wouldn't even be a particularly meaningful win for Brook, he must just want the money the fight would generate. If they fought now, it would just mean that the loser had nowhere to go and should retire.
            "If they fought now, it would just mean that the loser had nowhere to go and should retire."

That's why I feel Khan is making the better choice of fighting Crawford instead of Brook! It's easy to say he's "scared" of Brook, but if the money is equal, Crawford is a much better choice!

Comment

"If they fought now, it would just mean that the loser had nowhere to go and should retire."

That's why I feel Khan is making the better choice of fighting Crawford instead of Brook! It's easy to say he's "scared" of Brook, but if the money is equal, Crawford is a much better choice!
              It's clear as day he is petrified of the humiliation of losing specifically to Brook though, not losing itself. You can keep denying that, but like I said, the boxing world already knows it.
              Even if the Crawford fight didn't present itself, he'd still be scrambling for any excuse possible to dodge Brook.

Comment

Working...
              X