No announcement yet.

Is Tyson Fury the Malignaggi of HW's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    I don't usually play the I've boxed so I know card, but in this case it's very relevant.

Fury buzzed Wilder several times, the people who don't see it usually don't have ring experience. I know this because I never used to be able to see it as a kid but picked up boxing in my late teens and then you start noticing. He has pop and Wilder whilst not being wobbled or knocked down was stopped in his tracks several times. I would say Fury's power is more comparable to Floyd's at welterweight then Paulie.
    So much respect for this post. This also reminds me of floyd vs canelo as well, where most people don't realise how much canelo hurt floyd in that fight as well. Both men were hurt by the end of this fight and it's no surprise they are in no rush for a rematch in their next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      And why is that?

Totally illogical.

If you want to win the title, you win the fight. Whether it be by one point or by 100 points.

And the reason Fury didn't keep putting pressure on him is because that's taking unnecessary risk when he's outboxing him and Wilder is as devastating a puncher as he is.
      Why is that? Well, that's because it's a tradition in boxing. The challenger has to take it convincingly from the champion. Arguably, Fury did not do that.

Second point: Fury was risk adverse as you stated and as a result failed to impress the judges. You need to take chances in boxing to obtain the glory. Judges don't want to see pitter patter followed by a fighter retreating and dancing around not punching.

Third point: this is boxing and controversial decisions are the norm rather than the exception. Wilder was having an off night, due to overtraining/sickness or whatever and Fury should have pressed for the KO so to not leave it to the judges.

Comment

Why does it seem like if you don't have absolutely, paralyzing power in both hands that makes you feather fisted (on this forum)

Does he have 1 punch KO power? No. He has solid power. He buzzed Wilder a few times and clearly had enough power to keep Klit and Wilder at bay. If he was feather fisted, we would've seen both guys I named throw caution to the wind and throw a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          And why is that?

Totally illogical.

If you want to win the title, you win the fight. Whether it be by one point or by 100 points.

And the reason Fury didn't keep putting pressure on him is because that's taking unnecessary risk when he's outboxing him and Wilder is as devastating a puncher as he is.
          That's one of the cliches in boxing that I absolutely hate. I agree with you 100%

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Why is that? Well, that's because it's a tradition in boxing. The challenger has to take it convincingly from the champion. Arguably, Fury did not do that.

Second point: Fury was risk adverse as you stated and as a result failed to impress the judges. You need to take chances in boxing to obtain the glory. Judges don't want to see pitter patter followed by a fighter retreating and dancing around not punching.

Third point: this is boxing and controversial decisions are the norm rather than the exception. Wilder was having an off night, due to overtraining/sickness or whatever and Fury should have pressed for the KO so to not leave it to the judges.
            this^^^^^

Comment

Didn't wilder say his power was respectable?
              Fury is defensive minded so I doubt he commits to power.
              I've seen Tyson unload on bag and he looks powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

This is absolute hogwash nonsense. The Marquess of Queensbury Rules have a scoring criteria if you do better in those you win, simple as that

They don't want to see pitter patter? they also don't want to see a guy missing with wild punches looking like a damn novice

Wilder having an off night? Haha. If he'd have faced Fury in his 40 fights he probably would have had 40 off nights.

Your whole post is opinion, conjecture, and excuses
                Last edited by sunny31; 12-03-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
                  So much respect for this post. This also reminds me of floyd vs canelo as well, where most people don't realise how much canelo hurt floyd in that fight as well. Both men were hurt by the end of this fight and it's no surprise they are in no rush for a rematch in their next fight.
                  Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    This is absolute hogwash nonsense. The Marquees of Queensbury Rules have a scoring criteria if you do better in those you win, simple as that

They don't want to see potter patter? they also don't want to see a guy missing with wild punches looking like a damn novice

Wilder having an off night? Haha. If he'd have faced Fury in his 40 fights he probably would have had 40 off nights.

Your whole post is opinion, conjecture, and excuses
                    I've been followed boxing for over 20 years, how come I've heard and read from boxing fans, pundits and commentators - that the challenger has to take the title convincingly? Did I just make that up? Did I hear wrong? Is that not a typical theme in boxing? I think I've heard Max Kellerman say something to that affect.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                      Hurt Wilder in nearly every round, and twice in the rounds he was knocked down!
                      No, he didn't. Face reality. Fury is not a big puncher. He is not a heavyweight Paulie and he is a decent puncher with a good number of his wins coming by KO but is not a bomber. Ortiz hurt Wilder but Fury never hurt Wilder that much.Fury also failed to knock down that walking punching bag he fought just before he fought Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X