No announcement yet.

Boxing documentary: CounterPunch Official Trailer Netflix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing documentary: CounterPunch Official Trailer Netflix

If y'all haven't seen it. Very good documentary, I liked it.

Lil B hop was a bit annoying. If he gets some success I have a feeling he'll be another Broner. I have to say Cam Awesome was pretty damn awesome.

Last edited by VatoMulatto; 10-31-2018, 03:10 PM.

Still haven't gotten around to watching it, but I'm a big fan of Cam F Awesome. Think he's retired from boxing now & is going around doing motivational talks these days. Used to listen to his podcast with Ed Latimore (who got KO'd by Tommy Morrison Jr) which was really good & interesting usually, but they quit when Cam took it on the road I think.

Comment

Damn forgot about Cam F. Awesome so he is never going to turn pro? He has to be at least 30 by now been in the Amateurs a very long time. If he won't turn Pro, he should be a Promoter at least or a Commentator, he has a very big personality and a very likable guy

Looks like a very good Documentary, Oscar is a bit obsessed with Mayweather though

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Damn forgot about Cam F. Awesome so he is never going to turn pro? He has to be at least 30 by now been in the Amateurs a very long time. If he won't turn Pro, he should be a Promoter at least or a Commentator, he has a very big personality and a very likable guy
        He says he has zero desire to turn professional. He doesn't like how the pro game works. I think he's left the door open if some crazy money came his way & it was some go big or go home type deal, but obviously he's not getting that as a non-Olympic Gold medalist.

He's a man of many talents. He does vegan events, motivational speaking & stand up comedy besides boxing & has done them all for years now. I don't think he has any desire to stay in the hitting people in the head business in any capacity. And I think he's been doing extremely well with the motivational speaking thing this year when he's gone more hardcore into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          He says he has zero desire to turn professional. He doesn't like how the pro game works. I think he's left the door open if some crazy money came his way & it was some go big or go home type deal, but obviously he's not getting that as a non-Olympic Gold medalist.

He's a man of many talents. He does vegan events, motivational speaking & stand up comedy besides boxing & has done them all for years now. I don't think he has any desire to stay in the hitting people in the head business in any capacity. And I think he's been doing extremely well with the motivational speaking thing this year when he's gone more hardcore into it.
          Yeah I don't blame him all Politics and BS in Pro Boxing

Comment

Haven't had time to bull**** on Netflix. Is it out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              If y'all haven't seen it. Very good documentary, I liked it.

Lil B hop was a bit annoying. If he gets some success I have a feeling he'll be another Broner. I have to say Cam Awesome was pretty damn awesome.

I watched it this morning, pretty good.

Colbert is an annoying prick, yeah, two instances in particular stood out: (1) When he's in sparring camp with Payano, not taking it seriously, and the trainer showed Colbert how Payano literally lives in the gym, in a tiny room, away from all luxuries... and Colbert was like, 'Nah, I couldn't live like that'; and (2) When he was trying to hit up his trainer for $200, being all smart with him, for a pair of sneakers for his friend. I think Colbert will not last long in the game, once he is tested.

That Cam F. Awesome guy seems like a real character. Good luck to him. It was interesting to see some behind-the-scenes stuff with Quillin as well, how he is with his Dad, what he's doing with his money, and how missing weight for the Lee fight unfolded.

Some large parts of the documentary were obviously aimed at the casual fan, like when it is explained what the different belts are, and also how fighters cut water weight. But yeah, overall, pretty good. Unfortunately the main thing I'll probably remember about it is how unlikeable Colbert is, lol.

Comment

Working...
              X