No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
    I don't really give a **** about Max or Jim as they were grubby corporate shills (Jim is a crybaby corporate shill) I feel for Roy who loses his job and was the only one to accurately call a fight. I don't know how many times Jim gushes over a punch and Roy chuckles and corrects him.

"That straight left hand shook him!"
    "Heheh, nah Jim it was the right that hurt him."
    Roy can take al berstine's spot at Showtime....LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
      All these pbc fanboys celebrating. True fans know this is a sad moment
      Nah, you just hurt cuz you took yet ANOTHER L....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        It obviously wasn't a good move by HBO, but idk if they didn't have their hands tied anyway.

People keep acting like Bob or Al ended HBO Boxing, but HBO ended HBO Boxing by throwing less money at it for 2 f#cking decades & throwing more money into other things that are where they are fighting for new viewers with the likes of Amazon Prime & Netflix.

I will say its ironic that two Haymon guys will be the last HBO fight...or apparently will be anyways cuz I know there was rumors of a Dec. card not long ago so maybe that'll be the last show or maybe Jacobs vs Derevyanchenko will be idk.
        The shet hit the fan with hbo when they didn't want to pay their money maker (T.B.E.), how they always hyping up certain fighters, with the bias commentating from jim & ledderman's horrible scorecards. Al/Floyd/Showtime/PBC K.O.'d hbo….LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by amuroray View Post
          the current HBO is a long way away from the glory days of the 80s and 90s. This current product was a joke from top to bottom with lampley roy jones and kellermen being the worst offenders.

good riddance.
          Not Roy, he was the better commentator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
            looks like all that dick sucking roy and max did to canelo didn't pay off
            You got it a*s backwards. It was jim & ledderman that made hbo look bad....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
              Uuuuuuum NO. HBO was like oh crap the cheating c0cksucker got a gift decision, even though GGG clearly won second half, f-k that puta we out !!!! ROFL
              You too, you be takin' MAD L's....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                The shet hit the fan with hbo when they didn't want to pay their money maker (T.B.E.), how they always hyping up certain fighters, with the bias commentating from jim & ledderman's horrible scorecards. Al/Floyd/Showtime/PBC K.O.'d hbo….LMMFAO!
                Did they not wanna pay Floyd or not have the money to pay him? I mean they didn't give some other guy Floyd money that I saw so idk about this logic.

I think the HBO bean counters kept giving less & less beans to boxing & more beans to GoT & other series & things that have a better ROI for them.

Its business sh^t & they weren't competing with Showtime Boxing like too many boxing fans think. They were competing with Netflix & now Amazon Prime & Hulu & sh^t like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  And thus America boxing dies, not with a resilient raw but a press conference.

Lots of us said that over paying under skilled fighters and putting the few top fights out there on PPV would do it.

We've seen PBC barely make any noise this year, none of their fighters are stars and show is hedging huge money on fury v wilder, which will not be a big enough fight.

The centre has shifted to Europe.
                  Yeah right, just like all the L's you been taking too you STILL don't have a clue....LMMFAO!

HOLD THIS!

Comment

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    But it was PBC and Showtime that was supposed to go out of business. All the ex promoters, accountants and businessmen told me otherwise on here
                    LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by saopaulo View Post
                      why are clowns talking about roy jones? He is 1 of the worst boxing play by play guys ever!! yall must of forgot he flat out sucks at it. Roy gets knocked out cold again like tarver and gj did to him lol
                      HOLD THIS

Comment

Working...
                      X