Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Breaks Hand, Tears Knee Ligaments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow what a last round!! Props to both guys. I swear Martinez has to be a freak of nature the style he fought last night. I feel he got ****y late and pressed for a KO since the fight was ridiculously easy for him till that point. He should've been more cautious. I swear Martinez digged down deep to the depths of his soul to not o my survive that kd but fought back with tenacity that shows what he's made of. Not sure about a rematch though, Martinez might repeat that performance cause I think Chavez got a lucky shot in that Martinez will not allow next time......chavez has a helluva chin, but at 168 he would get destroyed so not to sure as to his next move. A guy like ward would hospitalize him.

Comment

If Martinez is able to fully recuperate from the hand and knee injuries, I have no doubt the rematch will look identical to the fight last night with Sergio handily defeating Chavez. Sergio pressed when he could have easily coasted to a dominant victory in the 12th, but his bravado got the best of him because of all the pre-fight KO promises and he tried to close the show for his fans. I give Chavez credit for that great shot and almost stealing the win in the last round, but Sergio is the better fighter period and in the next fight, he won't make the same careless mistake. Can't wait if its made because I bet the betting will favor Chavez, and I will definitely put some money on Martinez if it does because I have zero doubt he will win again. I really wish Martinez and Floyd would fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
        Sergio can gracefully go into retirement(if the injury affects him) with peace of mind because he gave boxing fans what we all wanted. He has cemented his status as a great Champion and one of the best of its time. He had a goal, to claim what was rightfully his and he did it with authority. I hope he can come back but if he doesn't,

Thanks a lot Sergio!
        If that were the case and it became the goodbye fight for Sergio then the conclusion would be that it wasn't an easy fight despite the apparent disparity of 10+ rounds. Such a price of retirement would make it appear as a "pyrrihc victory". (Someone who wins a "Pyrrhic victory" has been victorious in some way; however, the heavy toll or the detrimental consequences negates any sense of profit which in this case would be millions of dollars for Sergio).

Comment

Wait a minute he tore his knee ligament(s)????

Im a rabid NFL fan and when shyt like that happens yo ass aint walking let alone backpedaling around the ring. He could be out for a LONG time if its true.

Comment

Martinez beat Chavez so easy no rematch you know you suck when a fighter has bad injuries n still whoops ure ass

Comment

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
              If that were the case and it became the goodbye fight for Sergio then the conclusion would be that it wasn't an easy fight despite the apparent disparity of 10+ rounds. Such a price of retirement would make it appear as a "pyrrihc victory". (Someone who wins a "Pyrrhic victory" has been victorious in some way; however, the heavy toll or the detrimental consequences negates any sense of profit which in this case would be millions of dollars for Sergio).
              I understand where you are coming from but I was expressing my opinion as if I was in Sergio's position. I am sure he wants to come back and claim a few more wins. But, if I was him and wouldn't be able to come back, I will be happy to close the loop on the stolen title issue.

Comment

It's not a torn ACL, that's extremely painful and won't allow a person to stand up straight, let alone move around a boxing ring.

Comment

I was jumping up and down naked. (id been watching it in bed).

Love boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingblogger View Post
                    i know a lot of people were going on about Chavez Jr showing tremendous heart in the 12th round, but Martinez for me showed even more heart and courage in the 12th round. Martinez had a broken hand and torn ligaments, got knocked down, got back up and was actually fighting back! he wasn't looking to hold or survive in the last round, he was fighting until the final bell.
                    That's not courage, that's stupidity and it could have cost him the fight.

Comment

If Martinez had torn knee ligaments I'm sure it had something to do with all the running he did last night.

Comment

Working...
                      X