Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Ezzard Charles on P4P lists?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    You didn't explain anything about Charles' ranking ?, all I got from your post is that you think you think we're green to the history of the sport and you tried to bundle us all together / stereotype us (using Mayweather of all people), which doesn't exactly go down well in this section.
    And the crazy/stupid part about it is the guy obviously must have missed the responses where it's pretty much unanimous praise for Charles.

"I know what I'm going to do, I'm going to not read the posts and just rant about nothing because I'm smart and everyone else is dumb but of course I don't actually know this because I haven't read the posts"

Seems to be a common trend on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
      with 25 career losses?????
      rofl, rookie.

charles was the man though, im pretty sure james toney said that was the one fighter he watched the most tape of and tried to learn from. definately top 10, prolly top 5 for me.
      Last edited by raf727; 02-01-2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

My comment about inexperienced people not being able to appreciate records of fighters from the eras when fighters fought was directed to THEM, if you don't feel that your apart of that group why cry? My comments are relavant to the forums attitude in general I wasn't aware there was so many green fans here I thought that fighters and trainer both current and past people took part on this forum but its a fans forum. I could careless what "goes down" well here or not, and couldn't drop a dime to watch Mayweather fight. I'm just voicing my opinion and I thought that was the idea of being part of a forum. Is this section any different then any other? I didn't read the rules for this section, where are they? Are you in charge here irondan? Ray Corso

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          My comment about inexperienced people not being able to appreciate records of fighters from the eras when fighters fought was directed to THEM, if you don't feel that your apart of that group why cry? My comments are relavant to the forums attitude in general I wasn't aware there was so many green fans here I thought that fighters and trainer both current and past people took part on this forum but its a fans forum. I could careless what "goes down" well here or not, and couldn't drop a dime to watch Mayweather fight. I'm just voicing my opinion and I thought that was the idea of being part of a forum. Is this section any different then any other? I didn't read the rules for this section, where are they? Are you in charge here irondan? Ray Corso
          What does anything have to do with Floyd Mayweather? Has Floyd Mayweather even been mentioned in this thread?

If your comment was about something so specific then why not address and simply reply to the person making the stupid ideology of basing anything off Charles' 25 losses?

And no I'm not in charge here. That would be JAB, who is in charge of this Section.

Comment

I used Mayweather & Marciano also to explain that some won lost records aren't defined by NO losses. Mr. Charles record is far superior to Marcianos and Mayweathers in my opinion and thats with 25 looses!
            Heres another observation the talk about Pac vs Floyd and their fans calling them names and carrying on like a bunch of cheer leader girls is histerical to people in the business. Theres reasons for the delay and its ALL about money. Money to be made now and later!! Fans have never understood that but then again they usually see with their hearts not their minds because they haven't got a MIND in regards to the game.
            I rank Mr.Charles very high he was the Champ of the World and that usually means your pretty damn good. Enough of this BS, time for lunch. Ray

Comment

Edit: **** it, can't be arsed, I'm too green of a fan too understand what this great wise old Mr Corso talks about.

Back on T: For me Ezzard Charles is easily top 10 material.
              Last edited by NChristo; 02-01-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

the seventeen fighters I pick over Charles all time p4p- Ali, Duran, Hagler, Armstrong, Pep, Whitaker, Marciano, Mayweather, Monzon, Sal Sanchez, R Lopez, Robinson, B Leonard, Holmes, Chavez, B Ross, Galaxy. There might even be more if I put much thought into it. Charles was an all time great fighter with one hell of a resume, just not top 10 all time p4p in my opinion. Look at my list, he would have to be better than 13 of those to be considered top 5, better than 8 to be top ten. I'm not trying to belittle Charles but look at that list!!!

Comment

the seventeen fighters I pick over Charles all time p4p- Ali, Duran, Hagler, Armstrong, Pep, Whitaker, Marciano, Mayweather, Monzon, Sal Sanchez, R Lopez, Robinson, B Leonard, Holmes, Chavez, B Ross, Galaxy. There might even be more if I put much thought into it. Charles was an all time great fighter with one hell of a resume, just not top 10 all time p4p in my opinion. Look at my list, he would have to be better than 13 of those to be considered top 5, better than 8 to be top ten. I'm not trying to belittle Charles but look at that list!!!
                  Grossly overrating Chavez for starters. He doesn't belong in the top-50 p4p let alone top-20. Holmes is a great Heavy but a p4p entrant? Huh? Galaxy?

Poet

Comment

Monzon, Sanchez, Ross, Hagler being ranked above Charles is one thing.

But Mayweather, Holmes, Marciano, Lopez and Chavez being ranked above him is just overwhelming ignorance or outright delusion.

And at ****ing Galaxy being ranked above Ezzard Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      And at ****ing Galaxy being ranked above Ezzard Charles.
                      It's ludicrous to start with but I think most people know of my opinion on Galaxy while I've been here, trying damn hard to hold back right now and not go ape . Bob is a good guy, I'll ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                      X