X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulo Dybala is the Argentinian Messi

Comment

• Dortmund bus was hit by three explosions, Bartra was taken to a hospital with injuries match postponed a day

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Arsenal really are something but I'm not even sure they are THAT bad. Least not to lose 3-0.

I mean, Monreal, i have no idea how he is instructed to play. He overlaps even where there is no channel to do so. Which leaves Ozil playing so deep on the flank and because of Monreal's lack of footballing intellect. It made Sanchez stay pinned to the left flank, he may as well have been a traditional winger. So the left side looked something like

----------------Crowded out Striker
        ------Monreal---[[edge of box]]
        -Sanchez
        -
        -
        -
        -Ozil.
        ---------Defender

Like what the fuck kind of tactics is that? No idea if it's Wenger instructions or Monreal going on a bender.
        Welbeck just sucks as a starter full stop. He's totally ineffective as a lone striker when starting, no idea why. He's decent the lad but he is absent.
        Elneny has no clue, lacks vision. Xhaka is what I thought he was, decent but not some 50m star signing. Pair him up with clueless Elneny, it makes him look like he's worth 5m.
        Bellerin should really be looked to get sold. He's fast, decent going forward but may as well be the Spanish Bosingwa.
        Both fullbacks lack knowledge of defensive positioning.

Arsenal shouldn't be 3-0 loss to Palace bad. Idk if it's tactics or B-class players but it's astonishing. Specially since Arsenal get up the field so fast but lack quality in key areas.
        Monreal isn't great but I like how active he is. He's no way near as physically gifted as Bellerin but has actually been playing better than him. Bellerin seems to just get muscled off the ball nowadays. He is very good go forward but he can't handle physicality. Just hasn't been the same player since he's returned from injury. He's still class.

Sanchez tries TOO much fancy **** every time he gets the ball. Just play the easier ball more. They need a better player in the middle of the park and a world class striker. They also lack leaders honestly. It's a HUGE weakness in this Arsenal side. There is TOO much pressure on Sanchez and Ozil to carry this team. Ozil isn't that sort of player. Ox is class too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Dortmund bus was hit by three explosions, Bartra was taken to a hospital with injuries match postponed a day
          Ffs Buddhists at it again

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            Monreal isn't great but I like how active he is. He's no way near as physically gifted as Bellerin but has actually been playing better than him. Bellerin seems to just get muscled off the ball nowadays. He is very good go forward but he can't handle physicality. Just hasn't been the same player since he's returned from injury. He's still class.

Sanchez tries TOO much fancy **** every time he gets the ball. Just play the easier ball more. They need a better player in the middle of the park and a world class striker. They also lack leaders honestly. It's a HUGE weakness in this Arsenal side. There is TOO much pressure on Sanchez and Ozil to carry this team. Ozil isn't that sort of player. Ox is class too.
            I'm not too sure either fullback has the defensive quality of a top Prem side (forget European side). Monreal is a bit better defensively but he'll mark an opponent all the way into the center of the pitch.
            Whereas Bellerin, i don't think has a full understanding of defending. Doesn't know how to hold a line or anything. From the looks of it. Often times, he's the one causing the defensive break down.

Sanchez and Ozil really are the only top class players in their side. Ozil gets a lot of grief but after seeing that catastrophe, Ozil actually knows what he is doing. Unlike Xhaka, Elneny, Walcott, etc etc.

Arsenal is not a team that can be fixed in one window. I can be for sure of that much. They honestly need another Song and Van Persie. Literally, two players exactly like them (minus the injury prone-ness).
            They could probably get by without changing the fullbacks but I think at some point, either left or right back will need a strong defensive presence. Which none of Monreal, Gibbs, or Bellerin are.

Comment

• In other news though.

Juventus..... wow.

I don't ever rate Juventus. Never even the benefit of a doubt but wow. Barcelona must really be trying to make a champions league run for the ages.

Comment

• so happy for chiellini.

Comment

• Of all the traditional big European side Juventus is the team I have a soft spot for.

All those big European sides are corrupt as hell and Juve are no different but they got punished. They are like an old gangster who has served his time got released to nothing but a one bedroom flat in a bad neighbourhood but somehow bounced back to buy a vineyard and live in a mansion with a cigar constantly in their mouth. Juventus are football Royalty imo.

I also like real Atletico Madrid who are an ugly, ugly, dull as s.hit team. They deserve to win a Champions' League just like Chelsea did. They are dodgy too though or at least they were. They exploited third party ownership hard. I don't like Spanish football but I appreciate Atletico would easily win the prem. They'd have won about 5 league titles in a row tbh. Great team and greater than the sum of their parts.

Dortmund and Leicester are the only teams in that tournament who don't have serious skeletons in their closet.

Not really worth mentioning the big two in Spain. You can't in good faith ever want either of those teams to win any game. They are basically national teams subsidised heavily by the Spanish and European tax payer and I enjoy the spectacle of a Galactico Madrid.

Comment

• Juve let me down a few years back. Since then, I have paid them no mind when it matters the most.

I'm not sure about Atleti being a Prem dynasty though. They are realistically a classic English side. Compact 442, low block, wingers, counter at pace etc.

Actually, Atleti is probably what Leicester would be if Leicester had elite level players.

Griezman > Vardy. Carrasco > Mahrez. Niguez > Albrighton. Koke > Drinkwater. Etc. Etc.
                    Last edited by F l i c k e r; 04-11-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Of all the traditional big European side Juventus is the team I have a soft spot for.

All those big European sides are corrupt as hell and Juve are no different but they got punished. They are like an old gangster who has served his time got released to nothing but a one bedroom flat in a bad neighbourhood but somehow bounced back to buy a vineyard and live in a mansion with a cigar constantly in their mouth. Juventus are football Royalty imo.

green kay!!

i never denied the calciopoli scandal but what of it?! juve already got punishment for it and it was unfair. juve deserve the punishments but it was unfair because other club got away with extremely light punishments. ac milan at the end only deducted 8 points and still got to play in CL only because their CEO Galliani are also the head of lega serie a.

i think at that time Lega was under a lot of pressure and feel somebody has to get axed quickly. the investigation haven't complete and they already giving punishments, at later investigation reveal milan are as big as cheat as juve.

Comment

Working...
                      X