Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once a week boxing training, is it fine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    That will take some time before you're comfortable in a street fight and more than 1 time a week of training per week. I was comfortable only after turning pro with the hardcore regime that my trainer made me do every day, besides sunday ofcourse. If you train just for street fighting than I recommend that you instead do not train at all. Street fighting is for wimps looking for easy marks. If they were looking to fight other tough people they would be training where you were going to train, fighting well trained and well conditioned fighters. Looking for street fights is only the habit of losers looking for an easy mark to build their snowflake egos. And if you ever did get to the point where you are comfortable/confident enough you would probably just think that it's not even worth your time. Unless, ofcourse, you still have something to prove. You could prove that you are more than tough enough to slap a ******, because that is all that a civilian is. Well, most of them when speaking of fighting.…...Rockin'
    So much wisdom here, it's true - once you got acquainted with boxing at a decent level, you will just ignore losers who want to get into fight. It's because you know what you can do to them. My advice if you can go to the gym only once per week, then do it on the days when you can spar with good boxers. Other things like conditioning and working on bag can be done outside of boxing gym. Ask around your local boxing gym, if there are guys who train on weekends also, and try to join them. Good luck!

Comment

How quick learner you might be but training is important to take for 2 to 3 times in a week, this is my opinion as I know this feels like enough.

Comment

Yea, I'm trying to make it 2 times a week and I'm feeling good so far

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
          Yea, I'm trying to make it 2 times a week and I'm feeling good so far
          Just dont rush too fast, or you might get an injury like I did.

Comment

if you only have 1-2 days a week it should be spent sparring and fit in shadow boxing and conditioning at home, if you want to learn how to fight you need to fight.

Comment

After 6 sessions, my trainer has told me I'm doing good with my form and technique. He also mentioned that I have vastly improved a lot in a short period of time. We're now working on taking my speed and stamina to the next level.

Everytime we do light spar with my trainer, I always have difficulties when we reach the final minutes of the 3rd round, my stamina and speed goes down. I'm trying to work on this until I can finish 3 rounds with still good gas tank in me. I want to pick my opponent apart until the last bell rings.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                After 6 sessions, my trainer has told me I'm doing good with my form and technique. He also mentioned that I have vastly improved a lot in a short period of time. We're now working on taking my speed and stamina to the next level.

Everytime we do light spar with my trainer, I always have difficulties when we reach the final minutes of the 3rd round, my stamina and speed goes down. I'm trying to work on this until I can finish 3 rounds with still good gas tank in me. I want to pick my opponent apart until the last bell rings.
                are you pacing yourself in the spars?

Comment

Once a week is definitely enough if you're just starting out. If you're going to continue it, your path to being world champion is definitely going to slow down if you continue coming in at that frequency... But at least you will still be getting better, little by little.

Comment

UPDATE:

I will be on break from the boxing gym for 2 weeks. Last session which is already my 6th boxing session, it was my first time that we went for 6 rounds of Mitt workout. Yea, I went 6 rounds and was able to finish them! Plus 2 rounds on heavy bags and 3 rounds of speed bag and circuit training. I'm feeling that my conditioning is really going well. I still remember the first few sessions I had when I can't finish 2 rounds of mitt workout lol.

Any advice on how to maintain my conditioning at home? I would still have the time to do workouts at home, what should I do so that when I get back to the gym, I won't lose any conditioning I had.

Comment

My trainer recommends at least 3 times a week for 1 hour and that's what I do.

Comment

Working...
                      X