Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I missing something? Crawford looked great.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford is supposed to be P4P top 2, in the prime of his life at 31 years of age. He didn't look it tonight.

For the first 6 rounds benavidez looked like damn pernell Whitaker in there. Bobbing and weaving with his hands down making crawford miss just like at the weigh in. While sometimes getting the better of crawford during exchanges. Let's not forget, benavidez was inactive for almost two years and fighting with one leg.

After 6, when it was obvious benavidez was tired and his knee cap had collapsed on him, only then is when crawford "found his rhythm" and "made adjustments" lmao.

Thurman and Spence blast this kid. And lets face it, an active benavidez with two legs beats him.

Crawford let me down tonight. And this shows he's been fighting nothing but uber drivers. He fought a B level fighter tonight. Can you imagine what happens when he steps up to the A level fighters?

Let's face it. After tonight, Bob arum is keeping him far far away from the PBC guys.

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

I thought he looked great. It is the way it is though. Any fighter that gets praised, will get bashed around here also.

Comment

Dude hasn't taken any punishment in his last two fights all while getting stoppages against naturally bigger opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
            Wait til the Europeans wake up. It’ll get even worse
            Crawford did look like a bum doe ... and his opponent? wow

Comment

I understand the praise and the criticism for Crawford. I thought both guys looked good tonight.

I also would have liked to have seen this fight without Jose getting shot. Watching his earlier fights, he had much better movement.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Bud maybe lost a round, two being generous to Benavidez. Jose was awkward and tough and then got very defensive. What are you expecting?

Crawford found a way to break him down and take him out. That impressive.
                Haters just grasping at straws. Bud strung it out, broke him down and punished him like a boss.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                  Crawford is supposed to be P4P top 2, in the prime of his life at 31 years of age. He didn't look it tonight.

For the first 6 rounds benavidez looked like damn pernell Whitaker in there. Bobbing and weaving with his hands down making crawford miss just like at the weigh in. While sometimes getting the better of crawford during exchanges. Let's not forget, benavidez was inactive for almost two years and fighting with one leg.

After 6, when it was obvious benavidez was tired and his knee cap had collapsed on him, only then is when crawford "found his rhythm" and "made adjustments" lmao.

Thurman and Spence blast this kid. And lets face it, an active benavidez with two legs beats him.

Crawford let me down tonight. And this shows he's been fighting nothing but uber drivers. He fought a B level fighter tonight. Can you imagine what happens when he steps up to the A level fighters?

Let's face it. After tonight, Bob arum is keeping him far far away from the PBC guys.

Comment

Bud maybe lost a round, two being generous to Benavidez. Jose was awkward and tough and then got very defensive. What are you expecting?
                    I gave Benavidez 4 of the first 6 rounds. Crawford didn't look that great, but the crowd cheered any time he looked like he might've landed something. Crawford's supposed to be top 3 p4p, but he was being outboxed by a handicapped can opener. I'm not completely sold on Crawford until he convincingly beats a healthy Thurman or Spence/whoever beats them.

Crawford found a way to break him down and take him out. That impressive.
                    He broke down a cripple, who wasn't even top 20 in his division. The highlight of Benavidez's entire career is a controversial decision against Mauricio Herrera. There was nothing impressive about that performance, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post

I think i’m one of the few that’ll agree with you. I might have expected too much from crawford. It’s either benavidez brings a war or crawford blasting him out easily, neither of that happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X