Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk: One Reason We Agreed To Face Bellew - Is To Get Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Joyce has 5 fights against bums, why would one of the best p4p fighters in the world fight a nobody? Joyce wasn't even the toughest fight he had in WSB, Medzhidov was.

Comment

I smell Usyk vs Joshua in April.

Comment

usyk is too small. aj will walk through him like we all have seen last Weekend. he Needs a way bigger guy to be defeated

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
          Uysk is proving to be smart business man.
          Let him get pass bellew first which I doubt then Joyce, but the problem I have with Joyce's fight is there will be no much money involved and a risky fight for uysk as well.
          After passing these huddles, go for the pay day against AJ and get KO inside 10.
          Joyce? I don't see how Joyce is getting Usyk closer to Joshua. That seems like a step backward honestly.

And with Joyce with Haymon now I think Joyce will be more likely to fight a Breazeale type guy as his step up fight into real contention. And I feel like their aim will be Wilder first & then Joshua. They supposedly got like some 4 fight plan to a big fight or some sh^t like that now. Seen a video on YT or posted here a week or two ago.

But the overall angle with Usyk's team of fighting these Joshua c#ckblock fights with Bellew, Whyte &/or Parker seem likes the move that COULD get him on Joshua's calendar before 2019 ends. And in fact if Joshua vs Whyte don't fight in April (I think its a virtual lock right now, but we'll see) I think Uysk vs Whyte could happen in April in the Joshua undercard or within a month or two of that card to potentially line up Usyk for Joshua later in the year or line him up for Parker later in the year with a chance to get Joshua late in 2019.

Thats the course I'm seeing more or less for Usyk. And honestly I think if he can handle the power at HW I think he beats EVERYONE.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
            I smell Usyk vs Joshua in April.
            I think it'll be too early. Unless a lot of sh^t goes south I don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by sir ronni james View Post
              usyk is too small. aj will walk through him like we all have seen last Weekend. he Needs a way bigger guy to be defeated
              Agreed. People don't seem to consider a 3 inch height and a 4 inch reach advantage, AND what will be close to a 2 stone weight discrepancy in favour of AJ. Usyk is a better boxer, sure, but that won't matter if he struggles to get near AJ without getting smacked. A small heavyweight isn't going to beat AJ unless Iron Mike can magic his old self back into the mix.

Comment

If Usyk beats Bellew & is serious about fighting AJ then he may be best off fighting someone like EBU champion Agit Kabayel first.

Comment

If Wilder dont sign the Joshua contract he agreed to sign, I wouldn't mind seeing Joshua vs Usyk in April! Wilder vs Fury both have a rematch clause apparently..

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    This is what good fighters and great fighters are supposed to do: Move up in weight and challenge themselves, win lose or draw. GGG could have learnt a few things about daring to be great
                    Exactly but his fanboys still protect him. GGG clearly knows that bigger guys at 168 & 175 would beat him up. Even smaller Canelo beat him in the 2nd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                      Going the distance and getting the win (however easy Usyk makes it look) against someone your own size is one thing, doing it against someone with a massive height, reach and weight advantage is another thing entirely - which is why Joyce is the perfect HW test for Usyk.
                      The best thing about Joyce is his engine, I have no doubt he can comfortably do 12 rounds with room to spare. The biggest question mark over him is his ability to switch things up as he has seemed pretty 1-paced so far. Usyk is the perfect pacing test for Joyce.
                      Plus there's their history from the amateurs to consider when building up a fight.
                      This is why Usyk sparrs with Wlad. Last time he sparred with him was last week. 6 round sparring according to Wlad --> https://www.instagram.com/p/BnV7Fmln...en-by=lomus_17

Comment

Working...
                      X