Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creationists Criticize Neil deGrasse Tyson’s ‘Cosmos,’ Want More Airtime For Religion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
    Before this circle jerk gets too big, its worth noting that there is a difference between young earth creationists and creationists who believe the earth is older, that science isn't just 'the what', but also 'the how', etc.

And to whoever made the comment, yes, science is about evidence. Its also about interpretation of the evidence.

Just some general comments for food for thought, don't bother replying, I'm going to bed now lol.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong,wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

You keep repeating nonsense like this and I'm starting to think you don't actually believe the **** you spout out. Science is about evidence, and that evidence is then scrutinized over and over again, until the evidence for it, out weighs the evidence against it.

It has nothing to do with scientists "interpretation" of it. Initially you get hypothesis from many different scientists that interpret the evidence a certain way, but then you TEST is until you figure the fukin **** out.

Your holy book is what is interpreted, not evidence. A scientists is more than willing to admit his life's work is wrong, unlike religion that claims to have the answers to everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong,wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

You keep repeating nonsense like this and I'm starting to think you don't actually believe the **** you spout out. Science is about evidence, and that evidence is then scrutinized over and over again, until the evidence for it, out weighs the evidence against it.

It has nothing to do with scientists "interpretation" of it. Initially you get hypothesis from many different scientists that interpret the evidence a certain way, but then you TEST is until you figure the fukin **** out.

Your holy book is what is interpreted, not evidence. A scientists is more than willing to admit his life's work is wrong, unlike religion that claims to have the answers to everything.
      I guess i worded it wrong. Things like 'the big bang theory happened, therefore no creator' is entirely an interpretation, an interpretation that cannot be tested, and an interpretation believed by many.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
        I guess i worded it wrong. Things like 'the big bang theory happened, therefore no creator' is entirely an interpretation, an interpretation that cannot be tested, and an interpretation believed by many.
        Nobody is saying that there's no creator. Atheists don't make a knowledge claim. If you want to say that there's a creator, fine, good for you.

The point of this thread was that "creationist scientists" (oxymoron) want their ideas taught in schools and on tv. Well if they want that, then they need to PROVE it or have sufficient evidence where the scientific community can take it seriously.

I just don't understand why religious people don't just say that god used evolution to create man. Wouldn't that solve a lot of these issues?

Comment

I just don't understand why religious people don't just say that god used evolution to create man. Wouldn't that solve a lot of these issues?
          Because that would make their whole "god created us in his image" wrong. I really don't have a problem with people that say that god is guiding the whole thing, it's not really an answer, but they sure are better than young earth creationists. Those morons really think they're scientific...

Comment

More Scientology creation theories please! Or doesn't it have to be the Christian version?

Comment

Kind of like how global warming was wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by 80'sDoStew! View Post
                Kind of like how global warming was wrong?
                Should I take the bait? Naw......

Have to do better kid, your troll game is weak as fuk. Also stop following me around, are you in love with me?

Comment

Should I take the bait? Naw......

Have to do better kid, your troll game is weak as fuk. Also stop following me around, are you in love with me?
                  lol Im not following you around you post in every thread. Shouldn't you be out giving a scientist a reach around anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by 80'sDoStew! View Post
                    lol Im not following you around you post in every thread. Shouldn't you be out giving a scientist a reach around anyway?
                    Only if he returns the favor while lecturing me on the Big Bang....if you know what I mean. *wink* *wink*

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...JI8mE6wl48jarQ

google it its true

Comment

Working...
                      X