No announcement yet.

Has Vanes Martirosyan Ever Lost? He's fought Lara, Charlo and Andrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
    He’s a 154lbs fighter off a two year layoff. If the smaller Charlo decided to fight Bradley on 3 weeks notice I’d crap on that too and I think pretty highly of Bradley.
    Can't compre. Bradley is a midget for 154 and Vanes is actually taller than Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      All 4 fights(fought lara twice) were razor close. I think he won the Charlo fight personally. He was beating Lara before the cut in the first fight. Fought him to a draw imo in the 2nd fight.

The Andrade fight was razor close as well.

Why is he a bum ? if Lara, Andrade, Charlo are boogeymen to GGG?

Isn't Vanes at least on their level?
      Nah Andrade and Lara in the rematch clearly edged the fight.

But he never has been dominated.

Comment

I'll concede that he was good at LMW, but that was two years ago, and, well, it was at LMW. Will he be able to take what Golovkin can dish out? I highly doubt it. He's a better opponent than Munguia or O'Sullivan but not by a great deal.

Comment

Vanes is a decent fighter, not the most pleasing style and more of a gatekeeper than anything else but in the situation not a terrible choice and should be able to go some rounds.

If Vanes is even competitive in this fight he comes out way ahead so he has nothing to lose really, if he gets blown out he still probably ends up ok because he will get some kind of prospect or middling guy thinking they can add his scalp easily and winning a fight or two like that can get Vanes right back in the mix (and it is not like he is far off that position now just he is probably viewed as too tough for most to look good against).

Comment

Working...
          X