No announcement yet.

The Battle of Bettondorf: Nunn vs Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    "Biased biased biased" So ridiculously feminine.

I'm not biased I'm actually the opposite. I'm objective.

If I was biased I would say Toney lost to all of Sanderline Williams, Tiberi, Thadzi, Sosa, McCallum 1 and 2, Griffin 1 and 2, Johnson etc but I don't. You can EASILY argue he lost all of those fights and if I was biased I would do that.

I had him beating Williams, Sosa, Griffin 1 and had McCallum 1 a draw.

I had him losing Johnson, McCallum 2 and Griffin 2 but adknowledge that all three were razor close. I could easily act like the first two were robberies but I don't because I'm not biased. Not like how Toney fans do for Griffin 1 when that wasn't a robbery either.

So yeah, stop with the feminine bull****. I tell it how it is.

Also on a side note, Roy Jones would destroy Nunn. Different leagues.
    Sure thing Dan

Jones versus Nunn is a different topic entirely, it certainly is not cray to think Jones would destroy Nunn, I happen not to think so.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Go to 15.45:

What am I supposed to be seeing?

Comment

Go to 15.45:

I rewatched this fight. One could hardly use this to critisize Toney...He did a great job, and he won that fight with stronger punches... The last judge got it closest to right. I actually had that score, although I admit I cannot score fights lol!!

I don't know how anyone could use this fight to critisize Toney...For many many reasons. Ditto for the Griffin fight, another very savy fighter who on any given day could make it hell for a champion. Toney threw punches in bunches, I did not see him loading up. Reggie fought exceptionally as well, because he was a hell of a fighter as well.

Comment

What am I supposed to be seeing?
          It was meant as a service to all following this thread. Not you in particular.

Comment

Ay? Maybe I will watch that again because as far as I recall he clearly won the first 6. I may be wrong as I admit I haven't watched in a while but I definitely don't recall Johnson being hurt at any point of the fight so not sure how he was lucky to make it out of any round.

Whilst I agree Johnson gave away a lot of the later, Toney was still made to look foolish and confused for the entire fight. Trying (and failing) to cut off the ring, loading up on one big shot and missing wildly, crossing his feet over and falling in (massive flaw of his) the same thing he was doing with Nunn but Reggie wasn't having it. Reggie cruised and cost himself the clear victory but for my money the early lead, the KD and atleast a share of one round in the second half should have got him the victory but I'm not going to say it was a robbery because Johnson let it slip out his fingers. But there is no shame in that because Johnson was an awesome fighter and the only man to beat him decisively was Roy and that was when he was passed his best. But Reggie made him look extremely limited to say the least.

As for Montel, neither was a robbery for my money. Both were razor close. I could easily see either winning both and Montel got the decision. Both respectable decisions IMO. Toney's inability to defend the jab and left side of his body a major downfall for him in those fights. But Montel is also a top quality fighter so no shame in that either.

Now if we want to talk out and out robberies then look no further than Dave Tiberi. He beat Toney easily and was robbed blind.
            You did say earlier that Toney got a gift against Johnson.

What about Reggie Johnson making him look like a total amateur for 6 rounds straight and Toney getting a gift W?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              You did say earlier that Toney got a gift against Johnson.
              A gift in the sense that Toney was lucky to get the W.

No robbery though. Johnson let it slip by cruising with his early lead.

Comment

It was meant as a service to all following this thread. Not you in particular.
                Sorry. I thought you were timestamping when he was "lucky to get out the round on his feet."

Johnson won the round for me.

Comment

Sorry. I thought you were timestamping when he was "lucky to get out the round on his feet."

Johnson won the round for me.
                  No problem, and I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    I rewatched this fight. One could hardly use this to critisize Toney...He did a great job, and he won that fight with stronger punches... The last judge got it closest to right. I actually had that score, although I admit I cannot score fights lol!!

I don't know how anyone could use this fight to critisize Toney...For many many reasons. Ditto for the Griffin fight, another very savy fighter who on any given day could make it hell for a champion. Toney threw punches in bunches, I did not see him loading up. Reggie fought exceptionally as well, because he was a hell of a fighter as well.
                    You can hardly use this fight to critisize Toney despite the fact he was completely outboxed for the first 6 rounds? Asinine. Anyone who get's completely dominated for 4-6 rounds is open to criticism. It's like saying Chavez can't be critisized for his performance against Taylor. Just total insanity.

Even down the stretch where Toney finally began to win rounds (!) he still looked totally lost and was made to miss wildly. He won the rounds because Johnson gave most of them away.

You actually think Toney ISN'T loading up his punches in this fight? That is just beyond comprehension.

It's as if you live in the twilight zone.

Comment

Go to 15.45:

Puts the cat in amongst the pigeons!

Comment

Working...
                      X