Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 11-30-2017, 04:02 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2896 Post(s)
Curt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,001,000,226,690.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus View Post
Almost all deals are agreed in principle verbally before a written contract is sent over because it is much easier to discuss something than it is to amend a document repeatedly.

Anyway, seems like you're completely unwilling to be reasonable so i'm out of this discussion. Get back to me when you're able to talk like a mature adult.
im willing to be reasonable..im one of the most resonable...i give everyone a fair chance....

but you remember how everyone was accusing ggg of ducking lara right? then after a bunch of backlash k2 decided to call laras manager and start "prelim" talks...which lead to a bunch of nothing and no formal deal being offered or sent

prelim "talks" can lead to a fight...or they can be spin/damage control depending on how you look at it.......hearn could go say he sat down in a room in NY and act like he tried when in reality he didnt.....we saw arum pull this tactic for years with floyd mayweather while he was milking manny before the huge cashout.......
Curt Henning is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-30-2017, 04:08 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
club fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant future
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,023,641.25

NahMean, I commend you on this very bipartisan posting, I only wish I could be as noble as you.

I just hope the winner of Parker/Joshua is ready to meet his doom against......BOMBZQUAD!!!!
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
club fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:19 PM #13
Interim Champion

Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Deus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,136,226,816,740.28
Total Points: 1,146,226,845,027.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Henning View Post
im willing to be reasonable..im one of the most resonable...i give everyone a fair chance....

but you remember how everyone was accusing ggg of ducking lara right? then after a bunch of backlash k2 decided to call laras manager and start "prelim" talks...which lead to a bunch of nothing and no formal deal being offered or sent

prelim "talks" can lead to a fight...or they can be spin/damage control depending on how you look at it.......hearn could go say he sat down in a room in NY and act like he tried when in reality he didnt.....we saw arum pull this tactic for years with floyd mayweather while he was milking manny before the huge cashout.......
Honestly I think you're getting too hung up on the 'formal offer'... even if these talks aren't just spin and are real the formal offer is still going to be one of the last things to happen. In fact you could equally argue that sending a formal offer early in discussions is just as much spin/damage control because promoters can say "well we sent them an offer" when they know it won't be accepted because the terms aren't suitable.

Hearn and all other promoters undoubtedly talk a lot of bollocks because their job is to promote and sometimes that's much easier to do when you're ignoring the truth... but we've heard from Wilder that he wants 50/50 and Deas there completely blanked that part of Hearn's 'statement' which to me is enough of an indication to believe that Wilder probably is pricing himself out at the moment. That's not to say he doesn't want the fight, just that he believes he's worth X amount and won't fight without that.

In those kinds of situations you need to bring something else to the table to kickstart negotiations again, which is exactly what Parker's WBO belt and the lure of literally being 1 victory away from being the undisputed unified heavyweight champion will do.
Deus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:55 PM #14
Undisputed Champion

Curt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly I think you're getting too hung up on the 'formal offer'... even if these talks aren't just spin and are real the formal offer is still going to be one of the last things to happen. In fact you could equally argue that sending a formal offer early in discussions is just as much spin/damage control because promoters can say "well we sent them an offer" when they know it won't be accepted because the terms aren't suitable.

Hearn and all other promoters undoubtedly talk a lot of bollocks because their job is to promote and sometimes that's much easier to do when you're ignoring the truth... but we've heard from Wilder that he wants 50/50 and Deas there completely blanked that part of Hearn's 'statement' which to me is enough of an indication to believe that Wilder probably is pricing himself out at the moment. That's not to say he doesn't want the fight, just that he believes he's worth X amount and won't fight without that.

In those kinds of situations you need to bring something else to the table to kickstart negotiations again, which is exactly what Parker's WBO belt and the lure of literally being 1 victory away from being the undisputed unified heavyweight champion will do.
what exactly are you implying about parker

that AJ should fight him or wilder should fight him?

hasnt hearn and AJ mentioned parker quite a bit and even had talks with them too?
Old 11-30-2017, 05:06 PM #15
Interim Champion

Deus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond reputeDeus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what exactly are you implying about parker

that AJ should fight him or wilder should fight him?

hasnt hearn and AJ mentioned parker quite a bit and even had talks with them too?
Either / or really, but does seem like it'll be AJ that fights him.

Parker is obviously a lot more amenable (just look how Higgins has gone from 50-50 to 40-60 to 35-65 split) as he's got really no following at all and thus is a much easier unification fight to make that will in turn make it easier for Hearn to negotiate with Wilder afterwards for the full unification.

In short i'm saying that fighting Parker before Wilder is a sound negotiating tactic by either guy to both make the Wilder v Joshua fight as big as it could possibly be and to make whoever faces Parker even more cash due to the additional belt in negotiations.

Tis why i'm happy enough to see Joshua v Parker, even if it's Joshua v Wilder that I really want to happen.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:11 PM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Either / or really, but does seem like it'll be AJ that fights him.

Parker is obviously a lot more amenable (just look how Higgins has gone from 50-50 to 40-60 to 35-65 split) as he's got really no following at all and thus is a much easier unification fight to make that will in turn make it easier for Hearn to negotiate with Wilder afterwards for the full unification.

In short i'm saying that fighting Parker before Wilder is a sound negotiating tactic by either guy to both make the Wilder v Joshua fight as big as it could possibly be and to make whoever faces Parker even more cash due to the additional belt in negotiations.

Tis why i'm happy enough to see Joshua v Parker, even if it's Joshua v Wilder that I really want to happen.
yeah it does seem as if it will be AJ who gets parker.....

and quite frankly i think thats what hearn wants...parker is the less threatning no matter what ur opinion of wilder is....i think we can all agree on that....i believe hearn wants parker and then wilder some time in 2019

which makes is strange that hes out here trying to tell people wilder turned down such and such a figure....

its just a load of crap when u want one fight, and maybe want the other down the line, yet you stand there acting like you want that one u really want down the line right now...it happens alot in boxing...but its not a good look and its annoying
Old 11-30-2017, 05:24 PM #17
Interim Champion

Quote:
yeah it does seem as if it will be AJ who gets parker.....

and quite frankly i think thats what hearn wants...parker is the less threatning no matter what ur opinion of wilder is....i think we can all agree on that....i believe hearn wants parker and then wilder some time in 2019

which makes is strange that hes out here trying to tell people wilder turned down such and such a figure....

its just a load of crap when u want one fight, and maybe want the other down the line, yet you stand there acting like you want that one u really want down the line right now...it happens alot in boxing...but its not a good look and its annoying
Parker definitely is less threatening than Wilder but i'm pretty sure that he wants Wilder in 2018 too. Hearn's talked about Joshua telling him that he wants to be unified champion next year and thus he simply won't have a choice but to deliver that; both due to fan pressure and due to pressure from Joshua himself.

Granted though Hearn would have had discussions with Wilder at the same time as Parker as it would be stupid not to but the moment Parker's team showed them to be a bit more desperate Hearn was inevitably going to zero in on that fight considering he's all about making money.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:34 PM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1541 Post(s)
genrick has much to be proud ofgenrick has much to be proud ofgenrick has much to be proud ofgenrick has much to be proud ofgenrick has much to be proud ofgenrick has much to be proud ofgenrick has much to be proud ofgenrick has much to be proud ofgenrick has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,581,353,448,134,237.00
Total Points: 1,581,353,448,360,767.25

Wilder is a huge joke in boxing.
genrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:45 PM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
club fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant futureclub fighter has a brilliant future
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,023,641.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by genrick View Post
Wilder is a huge joke in boxing.
Yea, well his KOs are no joke.
club fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:12 AM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Parker definitely is less threatening than Wilder but i'm pretty sure that he wants Wilder in 2018 too. Hearn's talked about Joshua telling him that he wants to be unified champion next year and thus he simply won't have a choice but to deliver that; both due to fan pressure and due to pressure from Joshua himself.

Granted though Hearn would have had discussions with Wilder at the same time as Parker as it would be stupid not to but the moment Parker's team showed them to be a bit more desperate Hearn was inevitably going to zero in on that fight considering he's all about making money.
so its ok for hearn to be about making money

cept most of the same people giving them a pass for that were mad at canelo alvarez and his people for doing the same

Share This With Friends

Tags
deas, deontay, fight, now!, questions, ready, trainer, we're, wilder, won't

User Tag List