No announcement yet.

fedor and st pierre>>>>>silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
    You are suggesting that Silva's loss to Weidman is not as bad as GSP's loss to Serra, because you suppose that Weidman is better than Serra. That counts as a triangle theory in my little red book.
    Your book is ****sexual. That's not a triangle theory, goofy.

Comment

A triangle theory would be Serra beat GSP so he's automatically > Condit, Alves, Diaz and Shields. It doesn't work the other way around.

Are you trying to say Matt Serra was a legit contender? Explain to me how him getting a title shot beating UFC rejects was more deserving then Diego Sanchez beating Karo Parysian at the time. Should of been Diego's shot.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I know what a triangle theory is. The logic is the same.

Comment

I know what a triangle theory is. The logic is the same.
          How come you can't defend it then? Just tell me how Serra was a legit contender at welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
            How come you can't defend it then? Just tell me how Serra was a legit contender at welterweight
            What I was getting at is the notion of comparing fighters based on the perceived quality of their opponents. It's not exactly a triangle theory, but I didn't want to say MMAth. But, as far as rankings are concerned I guess that you could make such an argument. I don't really know where I would rank them in comparison. Some people may argue that GSP has more quality wins. P4p arguments never really end though.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
              St pierre would destroy silva. Lets be honest.
              Fedor yes, GSP no. St. Pierre is top 5 though, some would even say top 3. Most put him at about 4, behind Fedor, Silva and Jones. Sounds about right to me.

Comment

I mean, I can see a strong case for putting GSP over Silva. He has only lost 2 fights, each of which he avenged in dominant fashion. The Sera loss was really a fluke. The Hughes loss occurred in only his 8th fight and Hughes was 37-4 and had been a dominant champion. St. Pierre has good fighters on his record. BJ Penn twice, Hughes twice, Frank Trigg, Sean Sherk, Jon Fitch, Jake Shields, Carlos Condit, Nick Diaz. Come to think of it, I think GSP has to rank above Silva based on his resume.

Comment

I mean, I can see a strong case for putting GSP over Silva. He has only lost 2 fights, each of which he avenged in dominant fashion. The Sera loss was really a fluke. The Hughes loss occurred in only his 8th fight and Hughes was 37-4 and had been a dominant champion. St. Pierre has good fighters on his record. BJ Penn twice, Hughes twice, Frank Trigg, Sean Sherk, Jon Fitch, Jake Shields, Carlos Condit, Nick Diaz. Come to think of it, I think GSP has to rank above Silva based on his resume.
                  We'll have to see how Silva rebounds after this loss. If he beats Weidman then he proves that it was similar to what happened to GSP vs Serra but if he loses, then it makes it a whole lot more interesting.

The amount of people who **** on GSP because they don't like his fighting style is unfair imo, it's not the most entertaining (like Mayweathers in Boxing) but look at his resume and tell me he sucks. Dude has beaten LEGIT fighters one after the other year after year. I think he has a better resume comparatively than Silva in terms of names BUT Silva has beaten fighters wayyy more impressively (Hendo/Franklin/Belfort come to mind instantly).

Comment

I don't see a triangle theory because obviously Tyson losing to Douglas is worse then Ali losing to Holmes.

and Anderson beating Hendo > any GSP win even BJ Penn who's always inconsistent and lazy. Whereas Hendo has always been on top fighting the greatest fighters in MMA like Anderson, Rampage, Fedor, Shogun, Wandy and Big and Lil Nog. Hendo is higher ranked P4P then BJ and arguably GSP for fighting P4P fights jumping weight classes where GSP is terrified to move up. Hendo IMO is #3 P4P behind Anderson and Fedor.

I feel like beating Franklin was just as good as beating Hughes. And beating Vitor and Chael are better as good as beating Fitch. GSPs most exciting fight until 5 years later against Condit.

I think Damage and excitement can factor in too because Floyd does damage and has more good fights like GSP.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                      We'll have to see how Silva rebounds after this loss. If he beats Weidman then he proves that it was similar to what happened to GSP vs Serra but if he loses, then it makes it a whole lot more interesting.

The amount of people who **** on GSP because they don't like his fighting style is unfair imo, it's not the most entertaining (like Mayweathers in Boxing) but look at his resume and tell me he sucks. Dude has beaten LEGIT fighters one after the other year after year. I think he has a better resume comparatively than Silva in terms of names BUT Silva has beaten fighters wayyy more impressively (Hendo/Franklin/Belfort come to mind instantly).
                      Yep, Silva finishes more opponents, which is what ranks him higher in many people's eyes. Resumes alone seem pretty comparable though.
                      Last edited by Anthony342; 07-09-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X