Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher p4p of all time Bhop, Roy Jones or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Because Jones never really lost in his prime and beat Hopkins bad when it mattered. Not only that, Jones won titles in 4 classes that spanned 45 lbs. and dropped back down to lhw to regain his title even though he was shot to bits. That's all time, never been done before stuff. Hopkins had a great end of his career and all but it don't eclipse Roy or Pacman.
    How jones dismantled hopkins was freaky

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Hopkins

Has a record of 24-5-2, 2NC (13 KOs) in World Title fights.
      Has a record of 16-6-1 1NC (6 KOs) against former or current world titleists.

Roy Jones

Has a record of 22-3 (14 KOs) in world title fights.
      Has a record of 19-9 (8 KOs) against former, current and future world titlists.

I just dont get why people rank Roy automatically over Hopkins
      UMM because he easily beat him in his prime. EASY EASY WIN. And he went from 160 and won a hw title. LOL you're clueless.

Comment

Roy
        B-Hop
        Pac

Comment

The more time will be passing by, the less meaning will Jones's late career losses have. When it mattered most, Jones beat Hopkins. Also Jones's returning to LHW and winning his title back is overshadowed by his later KO losses. But it happened. I can't recall any other instance that a fighter went down two divisions and won a legitimate title over legitimate opponent. Going down in weight is THAT much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Pacquiao definitely first. Although Jones was probably better at his peak. I would rank Hopkins higher because of what he accomplished from age 41-49. Moving up two divisions at his age and then winning multiple titles is an incredible achievement that I doubt anybody will ever accomplish again.
            There's no valid argument to put Hopkins above Jones jr at all.

Comment

Hopkins

Has a record of 24-5-2, 2NC (13 KOs) in World Title fights.
              Has a record of 16-6-1 1NC (6 KOs) against former or current world titleists.

Roy Jones

Has a record of 22-3 (14 KOs) in world title fights.
              Has a record of 19-9 (8 KOs) against former, current and future world titlists.

I just dont get why people rank Roy automatically over Hopkins
              Because his resume is better, he was better, he beat hopkins when they were both good, he has more titles, has more titles in more weight classes etc etc-

Comment

Manny
                Hopkins
                Jones

explanation

Manny had the best wins

Hopkins had the 2nd best resume with longevity

Jones resume wasnt that great and his fire blew out a long time ago
                Totally agree with the ordering, not sure why people always seem to have Jones ahead of Hopkins.

Comment

from 154 to Heavyweight Champion has only been done by 1 person...RJJ 154 to heavyweight champion

Comment

1. Pacquiao
                    2. Hopkins
                    3. RJJ

Comment

I go with Jones at #1. He had the best prime and he was the only fighter I ever actually felt might be unbeatable during that time. I think he could have challenged himself more though so this is closer than it should be.

Hopkins Id have at #2. I do value being undisputed and dominating divisions for historical context so his 160 run means a lot for me as does his career in his 40s.

Pacquaio Id have 3rd but close. He has the best competition of the lot and was the most memorable but lack of unifications, historical rankings in single divisions (I’m not into divisional hopping so much) and the fact I think he’s just not quite as good as those two.

All three are great and top 50 all-time IMO. Probably between 35-45 range.

Comment

Working...
                      X