Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK PPV numbers have no significance in Canelo/Golovkin negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really couldn't give a damn about this A side, B side nonsense I just want to see these two get in the ring and fight. Too many divas in boxing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Canelo-Golovkin WON'T be PPV in the UK. Golovkin wasn't the A-side in the Brook fight either. The UK adds nothing to the Canelo/Golovkin pot. I don't know why Golovkin fans even bother mentioning them it's irrelevant.
      Yes the situations are not really comparable, but I wouldn't say the UK PPV is irrelevant either. Despite the fact that it's counterintuitive the feeling I get is that Golovkin's marketability rose despite him being in a total mismatch against a WW whereas Canelo's fell, despite being in with a JMW champion. Doesn't make sense to me but it is what it is. Anyways, what do you take from this? What do you think a fair split would be for GGG vs Canelo? I'm thinking in the range 30/70 or 35/65 - (in Canelos favour obviously).

Comment

Golovkin-Brook wasn't even a PPV in the US.

Kell Brook got a mega fight, we supported him. That's how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
          Golovkin is without a doubt the a side in this fight. He's the champ. If Canejulia wants a shot at the gold better get in line behind Jacobs and Saunders. He will beg for his shot in 6 months.
          When Canelo is the one who made +100m and pays GGG?

Comment

Just tell the GGG fan girls that Canelo vs Smith did 3.4 million on PPV south of the border. Despite the fight also being on free tv.

http://espndeportes.espn.com/boxeo/n...ones-en-mexico

"La pelea entre Canelo y Smith, que terminó con un nocaut en nueve asaltos por parte de Álvarez, fue transmitida en suelo mexicano en Canal Space a través de la señal de televisión de paga"

"La pelea entre Canelo y Smith, que terminó con un nocaut en nueve asaltos por parte de Álvarez, fue transmitida en suelo mexicano en Canal Space, a través de la señal de televisión de paga, mientras que en televisión gratuita fue Azteca 7 el canal que transmitió el pleito"

Comment

of course they don't but idiots will be idiots.

How much will these fight do

Liam Smith vs GGG in the US? like 11K
              Brook vs Canelo in UK? 80K at least

so yeah these numbers don't mean shit.

so Canelo is and will always be the A side to Lil Triple Flop.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                I really couldn't give a damn about this A side, B side nonsense I just want to see these two get in the ring and fight. Too many divas in boxing now.
                Too many divas and far too many supposed fans obsessed with PPV numbers and purse sizes as if that has a bearing on how good a boxer is. It's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  Canelo-Golovkin WON'T be PPV in the UK. Golovkin wasn't the A-side in the Brook fight either. The UK adds nothing to the Canelo/Golovkin pot. I don't know why Golovkin fans even bother mentioning them it's irrelevant.
                  True but of course they will deny it. Majority of people bought that because of brook. Without brook that **** wouldn't be on PPV to begin with. They were booing triple GGG at the brook fight and somehow GGG is responsible for the venue selling out as well according to them. They are a weird bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                    Yup, the fans are like divas too. I can understand fighters and their accountants arguing over splits, fans though..that's weird.

Comment

No surprise to see who posted this thread. You may as well just kept quiet, we all know what your opinions and biases are.

One thing I don't get, is the argument that Golovkin wasn't the 'a-side' in the Brook fight. Its a very simple way of thinking, looking at popularity in this way.

The flaw in this thinking is this - how many PPV's did Brook sell in the UK before? None. People bought the mega-fight matchup.

The same applies for Canelo/Golovkin. It's quite clear to see Canelo is the bigger name. However neither fighter will be making as much money without the other. You cannot apply the simpleton 'a-side/b-side' argument to a blockbuster matchup, as they are more than the sum of its parts. The fight is the a-side, and both would be selling it.

60/40 is fair. 65/35 is fair if K2 want to secure the fight. What people seem to conveniently forget is, that Canelo's name is linked to Golovkin's. He will face criticism as long as he doesn't fight him, and this low PPV figure will only add pressure. Golovkin doesn't have the same pressure on him, as whilst Canelo is an opportunity, he can continue to destroy 160 waiting.

Comment

Working...
                      X