Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Canelo Didn't Do Anything Special; We Controlled Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    C'mon man. I'm not a Triple g fan but he deserves more respect than that!
    Why would Triple g lower himself to fighting tomato cans for regional titles?
    GGG has been fighting 2nd and third tier fighters for a long time. Most recently he dragged Vanes out of retirement and up in weight. He also tried to get the Nevada commission to accept this kid Mungia as a substitute when the fight with Canelo fell through...I could go on

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      the only fools who have Canelo winning are those who give him points for hitting gloves. Canelo wasn't landing ggg was. the entire thing is rigged, even canelos corner saying they are ahead is apart of the scam. if Canelo was landing so much lets see the highlights? I don't think a single body shot landed

Comment

Even though I had GGG winning, Nelo did real good and he walked GGG down, Nelo was really looking for a stoppage or thought he could get it, great fight

The little red Mexican walk down the big bad boogieman, with out a step back thats what they wanted, GGG went into outpointing his little pop shot jabs

Mexican style no more

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
          It was a great fight that could've gone either way. Why can't you Canelo fans and you GGG fans give the other fighter credit? One: Canelo deserves credit for coming forward, putting on the pressure and making a great fight for all. Two: GGG deserves credit for making it through the early rounds and coming on strong in the second half to make the fight very close in the end at his advanced age of 36.
          There are so many phony clowns on here that seem to enjoy gloating about their favorite boxer when they win a close decision more than the fight itself. It was a great, close fight that NOBODY got schooled in.
          Good fight but not close. Nelo put hands on Triple L....LMMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            If only we could put a 30 year old GGG in front of a 36 year old Canelo or Jacobs...
            Canelo won a hair thin decision, which is arguably another gift. And that is being in his prime. With a 36,5 Golovkin past his prime. Waiting for somebody to get old pays off. GGG's reputation, in my eyes, only got up with the Saturday fight. He is truly amazing to do what he did at this age with so much wear and tear against an excellent and much younger opponent. That opponent seems to have a "10-2" system working for him plus it was very helpful to wait for a couple of years for GGG to leave his prime years. ODL realized that feeding Canelo to Mayweather was too soon and chose the right strategy this time around - run. And even when they thought GGG was ready for taking - he still ran, possibly juiced out of fear and rightly so. Age spares no one, just look at Haye at 37, GGG will be 37 if they fight the third time and I think Canelo might beat him legitimately then. For the first time. GGG is the legend of the MW division and deserves a HOF.

Comment

I watched it the night of the fight, and twice the day after. The last time with no sound on. I had GGG winning slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Outside the second round, Golovkin spent the majority of every round peppering Alvarez consistently with shots. Sometimes Alvarez did enough to make up for that. More often than not he didn't.

I just don't see where 7 rounds are where Alvarez made up for eating jabs and hooks for 3 minutes. It was absolutely close, but I don't see it.
                Landing a jab while being hit with crushing body shots and hooks is not doing enough, ggg was winded breathing heavy and all those missed punches once again didn’t help him

Comment

Neither one of you did anything special. Canelo just did a little more than you, in the “JUDGES” eyes.

Comment

Canelo really beat the mexican style out of GGG

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Good fight but not close. Nelo put hands on Triple L....LMMFAO!
                      LMMFAO at YOU!!!

Last edited by markther; 09-17-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X