No announcement yet.

LMAO if you think $100k+ salary is a good earning - 😂😂😂😂

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMAO if you think $100k+ salary is a good earning - 😂😂😂😂

Is it a great salary for a single male? Yes, especially if you live in a low COL area. I hear guys all the time trying to move up in the $130k range, giving themselves a certain age limit "I don't want to be over 34 and still be under 100k" and to me, it's not really brag worthy. The lounge is to blame for my mindset lol, especially with all the aspiring CEOs and salesmen.

My question is, how many hours are you working? How much more work are you doing?

To me it's all about being efficient. Working as few hours as possible while making the most money. What's the use in making $100k when you're doing up to 80hrs/wk. Some guys say they work the standard 40 hours, but I'm doubtful most jobs are like that. You're in a top tier role which has more responsibilities and tasks. There's been a lot of people that gave up that salary to go to $70k and a guaranteed 40 hours.

I think more emphasis should be placed on making your money work for you and not the other way around. Over $100k is great accomplishment, but what's the use in working those hours. It's either bang or bust. Go for $300k/yr or work an efficient 70k/yr

I've finally realized that PB32 and Derranged are the same person

Comment

Yeah 100k a year is garbage...

Comment

Work smart, not hard.

Unfortunately, most people are taught to go to school and work hard, climb the corporate ladder, put a down payment on a home and pay the mortgage. IMO, they need to implement more finance related courses as a part of the high school curriculum to help youth get a better grasp on as you state "make your money work for you."

However, their are those people who truly dream of being CEO's etc. So all the power to them; just do what makes you happy and earn enough to not live paycheck to paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          I've finally realized that PB32 and Derranged are the same person
          That is false, Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            That is false, Bob.
            Mate you fantase about fucking a downer and a chad who married that downer. Get the fuck out of my thread

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              Is it a great salary for a single male? Yes, especially if you live in a low COL area. I hear guys all the time trying to move up in the $130k range, giving themselves a certain age limit "I don't want to be over 34 and still be under 100k" and to me, it's not really brag worthy. The lounge is to blame for my mindset lol, especially with all the aspiring CEOs and salesmen.

My question is, how many hours are you working? How much more work are you doing?

To me it's all about being efficient. Working as few hours as possible while making the most money. What's the use in making $100k when you're doing up to 80hrs/wk. Some guys say they work the standard 40 hours, but I'm doubtful most jobs are like that. You're in a top tier role which has more responsibilities and tasks. There's been a lot of people that gave up that salary to go to $70k and a guaranteed 40 hours.

I think more emphasis should be placed on making your money work for you and not the other way around. Over $100k is great accomplishment, but what's the use in working those hours. It's either bang or bust. Go for $300k/yr or work an efficient 70k/yr
              Ive made over 100K when I was a GM at my last job. Just like OP said you have no life cause you are always working 24/7 and even when you are not you are stressed as F about everything going on at work. I over saw several properties and within those properties were the teams under those and all the drama with them and our clients and customers so it was just a never ending drama of stress. Not to mention all the executives and suits above me telling me what to do but Never lifted a damn finger of their own.

To me though its funny because you hear a lot of people brag about making 100K like its an accomplishment. Like OP said I'd rather make 70K and have normal hours or shoot even more work life balance than to make 100K and never know when I'll be able to take a break or vacation again.

The only thing keeping me going back then was knowing I had a vacation and one week off where I could lie and say my phone was out of the country so thats why I couldn't take any calls. Now cell phones allow Mexico and Canada to be free but back then I told them if you call me you are paying for my international charges and they finally backed off.

Also whats funny with what OP said I agree everyone wants to be a CEO but no one wants to do what it takes to be a CEO. As a GM I did everything under the sun imaginable while the suits above me just played golf 24/7 and showed up for their monthly meetings to collect a check.

If you want to get technical CEO's dont even really do anything most are just figure heads and just have cool ideas or give cool motivational speeches. Its usually the GMs and VP's who actually do all the work and we never got paid nearly as much as the C level executives.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                Mate you fantase about fucking a downer and a chad who married that downer. Get the fuck out of my thread
                You pay people and forces animals to defecate on your face.

Comment

Anyone who works more than 40 hours per week for any extended period of time is a sucker.

Comment

Looks like Someone read Rich Dad Poor Dad recently..

Comment

Working...
                    X