No announcement yet.

Health Insurance Costs Unmanageable for Most Americans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Its just 1 big racket. Healthcare professionals, insurance companies, and the Pharmaceutical companies are all in on it.

I think its f.cken ridiculous that we have to go to a Dr. to get anti-biotics prescribed. Theres a fentanyl/heroin epidemic going on in the USA but Medical Professionals are worried a person may misuse antibiotics? Give me a break! Dr.'s get huge kickbacks from Drug companies to prescribe their drugs!!

Another thing I noticed about healthcare in the USA is people go to the Dr. to damn much. 1x a year is fine for a physical and labs.
    Your gotdamn right. Further out medical system won’t cure sh it. They only help you live with most things. Cancer, aids diabetes etc. they have many things to help you live through or with it but no real cure. The money is in the medicine not the cure. They want recurring customers. Medicine to prescribe. But no cure. They lose money with a cure. So they don’t cure. I suspect they have cure for many ills. They just won’t share it. Would cost them billions...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      just know that if you took out the profitability and shareholder value of all healthcare and biotech in the US you'd make everybody's 401K look like swiss cheese, and it'd be more of a crisis than benefit. you'd need to overhaul a lot more than your local doctor's office.

personally i think america does fine in health care, net of course. individuals pay a lot. the rub is that the healthcare here is the best in the world, and the center of all innovation

innovation is rarely, if ever driven by the state. that model typically fails. i'd expect the overall quality of healthcare on the planet to fall in time if you reduced or eliminated the profitability and privatization and shareholder value of US healthcare and its supporting industries.
      I agree with yiur last paragraph. The military is the prime example that government can operate and maintain an industry in a state of uber advancement. The government can do the same for healthcare. They would just have to do the same as they do with the military.. write extreme checks for
      Private contractors to design and build the most advance tech in the world. The military itself has divisions of design as well. The us military is literally decades more advanced than any other in the world.

This can be done with healthcare as well

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
        Lol Trump played everyone when he got his tax laws.

Should be very interesting. Chess when everyone else is playing checkers. Checkmate.
        Oh yea trump definetly got what he wanted out of the new tax law. I suspect thatnwas his no 1 reason he wanted to be president. To keep more of his money legally...at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
          This is a victory for America.
          Care to explain that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpster Juice View Post
            Over your head. As for the rest of your ramblings the free ride for you and your kind is over.
            What u talking bout willis? Had insurance for 12 years now...

Comment

I’ll have to get travel insurance on top of my Japanese insurance

I’ve been outta the country, and missed the whole Obama Care stuff.

I have Japanese insurance both medical and dental, but I’m headed to acali in Jan, and will get travel insurance added.

Was Obama care good for anyone? I know only what I read on the net.

Comment

We pay the most for healthcare in the world but yet we have one of the worst healthcare systems on the planet, pretty pathetic.

Then when you bring up spooky words like single payer system, you have these right wing conservative bimbo's who are clueless on policy get triggered

Comment

Medicare for all. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                  X