Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Think Usyk Returns in April or May, 1 or 2 Before Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Think Usyk Returns in April or May, 1 or 2 Before Joshua

WBO, IBF, WBA, WBC cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk will likely take one of two fights before a potential heavyweight clash with WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO champion Anthony Joshua. Eddie Hearn, who promotes both Usyk and Joshua, denies published reports that a Joshua vs. Usyk clash has been discussed for April 13th, when Joshua is scheduled to defend his titles at Wembley Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Usyk is a man on a mission, beware!!!

I like for Usyk to wet his feet in his debut of heavyweight with Michael Hunter in a rematch.

Comment

i wonder, does hearn get paid by the word? or by the minute?

Comment

I want to see Usyk in two HW fights before he takes on the better names.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I want to see Usyk in two HW fights before he takes on the better names.
          Imho hed be destroyed by the top 4-5 hws. Hes too weak for hw & his style is all wrong for someone like AJ/Wilder/Ortiz who all would ko him imo.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            Imho hed be destroyed by the top 4-5 hws. Hes too weak for hw & his style is all wrong for someone like AJ/Wilder/Ortiz who all would ko him imo.
            Thats why i want to see him take two fights first at that weight. He has fought people that size before but am sure those guys skill levels wouldn't match up to the top 4/5 guys currently at HW. But Usyk is a welcome addition to the HW division once he goes there.

Comment

In an ideal World, I'd like to see Usyk defend his title's one last time maybe against Andre Ward before challenging for the EBU H/W title. Sadly it's not an ideal World!

Comment

He's right, there's absolutely zero point of putting Usyk straight in against one of the HW champs - he'd get KO'd and whichever one does it won't get any credit as it will be Usyk's 1st fight at the weight.
                Get him in against a fringe contender 1st, follow that up with a top 10 contender - maybe the euro champ, and if he wins both then give him a shot against a world champ.

Comment

Usyk should fight Miller to see where he's at before being thrown in with A.J. but Hearn will get him a soft touch to keep his name in there then sell a not ready Usyk as the next Evander Holyfield

Comment

I'd like to see Usyk fight three times next year. Lebedev, winner of the WBSS and then onto Whyte or Parker as his heavyweight debut. A Joshua fight could be huge in 2020 I hope for his sake he gets Joshua before Fury does because I think Fury's size and style would be a tougher task for him than Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                    X